7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2006 9:40 PM by Bigthogski

Oval Photo Frame

Chalcydon

Hi,
      I'm new to Fireworks and there's probably a simple way of doing this. I have a rectangular photo that I want to turn into an oval photo. Another way of putting that is that I want to turn the rectangualr frame into an oval frame. How do I do that in Fireworks?
      Chalcydon
        • 1. Re: Oval Photo Frame
          llamaparsnip
          Hi Chalcydon,

you could draw your oval with the ellipse tool, cut the photo (ctrl-x) and then select the oval, click Edit > Paste Inside.
          • 2. Re: Oval Photo Frame
            Chalcydon Level 1

HI,

Have you tried this? I can't seem to get it to work. Can you explain it in more detail?
            • 3. Re: Oval Photo Frame
              Level 7
              Chalcydon wrote:
              >
              > HI,
              >
              > Have you tried this? I can't seem to get it to work. Can you explain it in more detail?

Draw a vector ellipse over the image. Once you've done that, select the
              image by clicking on it, and then cut it to the Clipboard (Edit > Cut).
              Select the ellipse by clicking on it, and choose Edit > Paste Inside.

--
              Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
              --------------------------------------------------------------
              http://www.projectseven.com
              Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
              CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
              Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
              • 4. Re: Oval Photo Frame
                Chalcydon Level 1

Hi,

OK. I've got an oval around my photo, but I still have a rectangle around the oval. Outside of the oval and inside of the rectangle I have white edges. Is there some way of removing those edges. Thanks for your help!
                • 5. Re: Oval Photo Frame
                  Level 7
                  Chalcydon wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > OK. I've got an oval around my photo, but I still have a rectangle around the
                  > oval. Outside of the oval and inside of the rectangle I have white edges. Is
                  > there some way of removing those edges. Thanks for your help!

Click on the rectangle thumbnail in the Layers panel, and check to see
                  if a stroke shows up in the Property inspector. If there is one, change
                  it to none.

--
                  Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
                  http://www.projectseven.com
                  Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                  CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                  Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
                  • 6. Re: Oval Photo Frame
                    Chalcydon Level 1
                    Changed stroke to none, but doesn't seem to make any difference. My email address is ffmjs@uaf.edu. Do you use skype?
                    • 7. Re: Oval Photo Frame
                      Bigthogski
                      Alright this is pretty simple. Click on the photo, at the top select Edit-Cut. Your picture should now be gone. If it is not you are doing something wrong. Now Draw an Oval with the Shapes tool. Once you have your desired shape, click on it in the layers panel. Choose Edit-Paste Inside. Your picture should now be in the oval. If you need to move it around you can select the CROSSHAIR object in the middle of the picture and move it at will. Hope this helps!