6 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2014 4:42 PM by John T Smith

I need to re download a program

Cliffy98

I purchase Photoshop Elements 10 & Premier Elements 10 in Feb, 2012.

According to policy, I can re download the programs, which I need to do for a new computer, but cannot find where to do this.

In "My Account', I have the SNs of all my products, but DLs are not available there.

Product support has failed to help me and sent me to forums.

Where?

Cliff

• 1. Re: I need to re download a program
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Cliff

Did Adobe Chat indicate why you were not finding your opportunity to do another download for your purchased Premiere Elements 10?

They should be available under My Orders over at http://www.adobe.com. Have you been to the My Order section there and not found the download opportunity?

Whatever the case, there is another way to resolve the matter. Go to the following web site and download the Premiere Elements 10 tryout and then insert your purchased serial number in it to make it your working copy. The key to success in this approach is reading very carefully the "Note: Very Important Instructions" details in order to avoid getting Access Denied message.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

Please let us know if any of the above worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I need to re download a program
            Cliffy98 Level 1

Thank you,

I just discovered that a few moments ago and it is underway.

I was surprized at the abruptness of the support person, when my question was so simple. Perhaps they are overwhelmed with having to know too much

Thank you again for your note and the alternate; I found a similar method (within the Adobe sire), but it stopped at Version 9.

Cliff

Cliff Ainsworth

cla600@shaw.ca

• 3. Re: I need to re download a program
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Cliff Ainsworth

Currently that alternative route to older Adobe tryouts into which you can insert your purchased serial number takes in Premiere Elements 9, 10, 11, and 12. It is not clear to me what sort of arrangement that this site has with Adobe, but it was said some place that the tryouts are coming from Adobe. Apparently that web site does not sell the tryouts, just makes them available.

Adobe Chat is usually very helpful, so do not give up on them.

(I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way. Just a user in a user to user Premiere Elements Forum here.)

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification.

Best wishes with your projects.

ATR

Add On...If your computer is using a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card and you will be using Premiere Elements 10, please read the Announcement related to the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue at the top of this forum.

• 4. Re: I need to re download a program
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>discovered that a few moments ago and it is underway

Once you have your download files be sure to either write them to a backup DVD (with a text file that contains your serial numbers) and/or copy download files and text file to a folder on a USB hard drive

It is also a good idea to make a full backup of your boot drive once or twice a year - The product I use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm

Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may restore the image to a brand new drive in case of a crash, and not have to re-install anything

• 5. Re: I need to re download a program
                  Cliffy98 Level 1

Thanks for added comments John,

I keep great records of by exec files, however, misplaced that group but have them again now that I was able to re download from my Adobe account.

I am ‘good’ in the back up department, just a little confused today. Thanks for everyone setting me straight.

Cliff

Cliff Ainsworth

cla600@shaw.ca

• 6. Re: I need to re download a program
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>just a little confused today.

That's OK... my wife says that about me EVERY day!