3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2014 7:57 AM by JJMack

Suggestion: size of windows

angelique-2

Hi there,

In case it's possible for future versions of Photoshop/ Illustrator/ InDesign, would you think of having an option to make the windows bigger?

Or when we'd double clic on one, it would come bigger and then go back to normal size when we re-double clic?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Suggestion: size of windows
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I do not understand is there a particular window you writing about?  Photoshop's main window and Photoshop Image windows can be dragged and expanded over several displays and Images can be scaled Zoomed in and out.

I think you may be using a Tablet of Laptop with a high resolution display on windows and are having a problem with how small Photoshop's  User Interface display on a high resolution display.  Adobe is working with Microsoft to address High resolution displays.  The OS and Device Drivers should handle object sizes on displays.  Application should only have to tell the OS to display objects like text, cursor, icon , menu bar, etc some sizes and the OS and Device driver knowing the displays PPI resolution should render the object with the number of pixels required.   Gone are the days when all displays had a resolution around 100PPI.   PPI is pixel size. 300PPI pixels are 1/9 the size of 100PPI pixels so object designed for 100PPI displays are 1/9 the size on a high resolution displays.  300PPI display images close to print resolution.  More of your image real pixels fit on screen and image are as sharp as prints.

• 2. Re: Suggestion: size of windows
            angelique-2 Level 1

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry, I was not so clear in the way i expressed what I meant: I talked about windows such as "Layers" or "Adjustments" or "Color" or "Info" or "3D"... i.e. the ones you can open from the 'Window' menu.

I work on a i-Mac 27 inches and sometimes, i feel like these windows in which you have so much information, including in their sub-menus are very small. But that's just a suggestion; I'm fine with the way it is now. I really enjoy working on the Creative suite.

• 3. Re: Suggestion: size of windows
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The Mac version of Photoshop has support for High Resolution Retina Displays to adjust the size of the User Interface.  Palettes IMO are part of the Photoshop User Interface. Perhaps since your using a mac you can use that support on your low resolution 27" display to change the size of the palettes and the text in them.