3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2014 4:32 PM by A.T. Romano

how do I cut a clip in Premiere Elements 11

bestseller

There is no button on the screen to cut a clip so I can remove unwanted material.

I have spent hours trying to figure it out. It is so easy on other software.

I just want to split a clip to add another clip in between the 2 sections of the original clip.

What's the trick to do it with version 11?

• 1. Re: how do I cut a clip in Premiere Elements 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bestseller

I can go into trimming your video in the Preview Windows with its Set In and Set Out points, but I am guessing what you are looking for is the scissors tool (aka Split Clip Tool).

Are you in the Expert workspace or Quick workspace of Premiere Elements 11 (on Windows or Mac - what computer operating system?)

Assuming Premiere Elements 11 Windows for now....

In the Expert workspace, look at the Timeline Indicator (with its red vertical thin stem and its blue head). Mid way down that stem is a tab with scissors icon. Move that Timeline Indicator to the place where you want to make the cut in the selected clip, and click on the scissors  tab. If you want a shortcut for the Timeline cut (after you have move the Timeline to the spot for the cut), use Ctrl + K (Windows).

scissors.jpg

Please let us know if the above targeted your question.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: how do I cut a clip in Premiere Elements 11
            bestseller Level 1

Thank you. That did it. I never would have known to look there.

• 3. Re: how do I cut a clip in Premiere Elements 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bestseller

Thanks for the follow up with the good news.

Same situation as in Premiere Elements 12, including the shortcut Ctrl + K.

Best wishes

ATR