3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2014 6:54 PM by A.T. Romano

Elements Premiere - Merge Projects from Separate Catalogs?

markleuba

I have Elements Premiere 11 on my desktop.  I am traveling for a week and want to continue work on a project.  I see that I can have Elements Premiere on my home desktop and install/Activate on my laptop as long as I am not using them at the same time, great!  I have copied the raw MPEG files to my laptop and want to create clips and upload them to YouTube while I am away.  But then would like to Import the Project to my desktop on my return.  Since the editor uses references to the media in Organizer, is there such as strategy/way to "Merge" my work when I return?

Thanks!

Mark

• 1. Re: Elements Premiere - Merge Projects from Separate Catalogs?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

For detail purposes, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system it is running?

If I understand your question correctly, your project creation and YouTube uploads to YouTube (at its web site or using the Premiere Elements feature) are all being done on your travel laptop.

Have you considered archiving the travel laptop Premiere Elements projects (File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy option), transferring the resulting Copied Folder to a USB Flash Drive, using that USB Flash Drive to transfer the Copied Folder to the desktop computer? The routine after that is to open the Copied Folder on the desktop computer, right click the project.prel there, select Open With, followed by Premiere Elements X.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc19b622510385d4355c-7d cb.html

The focus is on keeping the project file (project.prel) connected to the source media that went into it at the time of import of the source media. The Copied Folder contents meet that task, including a copy of the project.prel and copies of the source media.

Please let us know if I have targeted your question. If not, please give more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements Premiere - Merge Projects from Separate Catalogs?
            markleuba Level 1

AT, This is VERY helpful!  The version of Elements Premiere is 11.  The OS is Windows 8 on the desktop and Windows 7  Pro on the laptop.  I have copied the raw mpegs to the laptop and will break them into clips on the laptop and upload to YouTube.   On my return, I will archive as you advise to re-integrate any media I work on and it's associated editing project from the laptop to the desktop.  Thanks for the tip!  Mark       

---Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com

On June 1, 2014 at 1:06:00 PM EDT, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:      Elements Premiere - Merge Projects from Separate Catalogs?    created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion   Mark   For detail purposes, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system it is running?   If I understand your question correctly, your project creation and YouTube uploads to YouTube (at its web site or using the Premiere Elements feature) are all being done on your travel laptop.   Have you considered archiving the travel laptop Premiere Elements projects (File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy option), transferring the resulting Copied Folder to a USB Flash Drive, using that USB Flash Drive to transfer the Copied Folder to the desktop computer? The routine after that is to open the Copied Folder on the desktop computer, right click the project.prel there, select Open With, followed by Premiere Elements X. http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc19b622510385d4355c-7d cb.html   The focus is on keeping the project file (project.prel) connected to the source media that went into it at the time of import of the source media. The Copied Folder contents meet that task, including a copy of the project.prel and copies of the source media.   Please let us know if I have targeted your question. If not, please give more details.   Thank you.   ATR    Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6425624#6425624  Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:   To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.   Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community  For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: Elements Premiere - Merge Projects from Separate Catalogs?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

If you have not planned to already, you might consider a mini test run beforehand to make sure all works for you.

Safe travel and great projects.

ATR