1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2014 4:15 PM by A.T. Romano

No audio on playback of imported mpg2 video clip while editing

DovSolomon

I was assisted yesterday by your technical support team to install the photoshop elements 12 & premiere elements 12 which I purchased e few minutes prior.

while trying to work with the premiere elements 12, I realised that I have no audio  on playback of imported mpg2 video clip while editing.

How can I solve this audio setting problem?

<moved from downloading,installing,setting up - kglad>

• 1. Re: No audio on playback of imported mpg2 video clip while editing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dovsolomon

The Adobe Premiere Elements Forum is not Adobe. Just Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements worksflows. If you need to re-contact Adobe, then please do so via the route that you used previously to contact it.

If you want us to help you here then please continue reading....

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

Is the lack of audio in the Editing area of the program confined to this one particular MPG2 video clip?

What are the properties of this video file? If you do not know

a. perhaps the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video might give us the information we need for troubleshooting

b. if not, consider getting that information from MediaInfo (Tree View)

MediaInfo - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Just watch out for carry alongs in the download. The link is for the Windows version. A Mac version is available.

Did you discover the loss of audio for the video file after you had created a narration clip with the program's Narration Tool?

If you have not already, please check the settings under Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and its ASIO settings (including Input and Output enablement).

Please review, consider, and reply to the above. If you have questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR