I stumbled upon a important problem today. I was trying to
set the message selectors on the consumers I had in my ActionScript
based Flex Client. I found that Its possible to use ONLY the
elements in the header of the message[this message is an instance
of the ASyncMessage class when it reaches the client] in the SQL92
expression that we specify in the selector.
We are using the inbuilt JMS adaptor in FDS to interface with
Tibco EMS. I found that the message that ends up reaching my flex
client has NO JMS HEADER information in it even though I am setting
it while publishing the message to EMS from a java based publisher.
And I cannot set the headers that are a part of the Flex API for
the mx.messaging.messages.AsyncMessage class as I am doing the
publishing through a java publisher. Also, apparently these are the
headers that are being looked at while executing the selectors.
In short, I cannot do any filtering on my subscription to the
topic!!!!.. And this would mean FLOODING our clients with a whole
bunch of unwanted messages!
Please let me know if I am missing something blatant as I am
really not convinced that there would be such a straight forward