6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 9:00 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere elements 12 publishing problem.

Sparkles3216

After making a video in Adobe Premiere Elements 12, I decided to publish it to my computer. However, once it finished rendering it only came out as an audio. The visual video didn't show at all. It played as if it were a song. How can I fix this?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere elements 12 publishing problem.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is the video?

When you place this video on your timeline, do you see a yellow-orange line above the video clips, along the top of the timeline, in Expert view? This indicates that the video specs do not match your project specs.

Which Publish & Share template did you use to output your video?

Finally, what player you using to play back your finished video? Windows Media Player may simply not be able to play the video portion of your output. Particularly if you do not have the latest version of Quicktime installed, per the program's requirements.

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere elements 12 publishing problem.
            Sparkles3216 Level 1

My videos are actually private AMVs. For my AMVs, I  download clips from youtube, dailymotion etc and turn that into a video. So I don't use a camcorder. My resolution varies between 1080p and 720p.

Yes, there is an orange line above my video clips. I published and shared it as a MPEG in HDTV 1080p 29.97 High Quality.

You are correct,  it doesn't work on Windows Media Plater, however it does work on Cyber Link Power DVD. Windows Media Player is my preferred option. Is there any way I can fix this?

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere elements 12 publishing problem.

The problem is your video format. You're probably not going to be able to edit AMV files well in Premiere Elements. Premiere Elements is designed for camcorder video and works best with standard camcorder format like DV, AVI, MOV, MPEG and AVCHD. The program is not likely able to work with the codecs in that AMV.

I'm not sure what program you're using to rip your files from YouTube, etc. But if it's not capable of creating an editable video format, you're likely going to need to use a program that captures to an editable format -- at the very least, to MP4.

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere elements 12 publishing problem.
                Sparkles3216 Level 1

This year I got Premiere Elements 12. The previous years, I have had Premiere Elements 10 and it had worked fine and effective. I am using the same program to rip files of youtube as I did last year with my old editing program. I always download it as  MP4 1080p, or an MP4 720p. After I download them, and play it in WMM it works fine. It only stops after I place it into Premiere Elements.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere elements 12 publishing problem.

I don't know what else to tell you, Sparkles. The video format produced by that software is a variation of the MJPEG, a format Premiere Elements generally does not edit well.

I don't know why it worked on an earlier version of Premiere Elements but does not work on the current version. It may have to do codecs that are installed on your computer or it may be that version 12 is actually less compatible with this codec and format. It's possible ATR or Bill Hunt or one of the others on this forum has an idea for forcing your computer to read this very non-traditional video format. But out of the box, Premiere Elements 12 isn't likely to be able to edit MJPEG-AMVs.

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere elements 12 publishing problem.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Sparkles3216

If your videos worked with Premiere Elements 10, then they should work with Premiere Elements 12.

From what I have read in this thread, your source seems to be files in amv video format (proprietary) which seem to have relations to MotionJPEG video compression and .avi file extension. Challenging, but. What is the actual file extension of your amv files?

AMV - MultimediaWiki

If you can post a sample of one of these videos that are going into your Premiere Elements 12 project and losing sound in the export from Premiere Elements 12, I would be glad for the opportunity to check it out for you in various versions of Premiere Elements, including 10 and 12. You might send the sample in a Dropbox link posted in your thread reply.

My only requirement is the assurance that you have permission to work with these videos. YouTube license does not allow for downloads of its videos. A person can create a YouTube account, sign into YouTube, can upload a video, and later download his or her own, but not the video of others without permission.

I still do not see the support for the file in Premiere Elements (any version). But if you say that the file worked in Premiere Elements 10, as I said, it should work in Premiere Elements 12.

More later.

Thanks.

ATR