1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2014 11:13 AM by A.T. Romano

Deleting a project in Premiere Elements

maylro22

How do you delete a file in Premiere Elements version 12.1.  I understand that there are several files for each project.  As I do a video project I save the project with a revision number at various milestones during my creation.  That way if the latest version gets corrupt or destroyed I can always back up to a previous version rather than start over again.  As you can see this could take up a considerable amount of memory.

• 1. Re: Deleting a project in Premiere Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

maylro22

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12.1 running?

1. The program as an AutoSave feature which you can set to take a designated number of "snapshots" of the project over a designated period of type. See Edit Menu/Preferecnes/AutoSave. This appears to be the automatic way of doing what you are doing with your manual saves as you progress through your project.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WSA4213223-A072-483f-9A0A-B8A95742C2AE. html

Please review and go with what works for you.

What is the problem? If you do not need one of your saved intermediate projects, what is the problem in just deleting it? You have the latest version of it? Have you considered incorporating an external hard drive (formatted NTFS if Windows) into your computer environment?

2. The recommended way is to beforehand set up a folder for each specific project and direct the project's file to it.

So, when it comes time for deleting a project, you have one folder to target, and you do not have to go through each of the folders in the Adobe Folder to find files with the name of the project for deletion.

• See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks for designating save locations for specific files.
          • See Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0 for the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder, Adobe Premiere Elements Previews FIle Folder, etc. where the actual named files will be automatically placed.
          • Remember, the save location for the project.prel is the new project dialog (See File Menu/New/Project).

Major thought is never to delete the source media that went into the project after the project is saved/closed. And, when it comes time to delete the project, make sure any of its media were not being used by more than this one project for deletion.

Please let us know if we have targeted your question. If not, please give details of the supplemental information you need.

Thank you.

ATR