3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2014 9:01 AM by A.T. Romano

Is it possible to put a border or grame around video in Prem E 12?

Philby122

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked but I am new to this.

I know one can stretch out video to cover the black bars either side of video, but I was wondering can one actually put a frame or border around a video?

Thanks in advance

Phil

• 1. Re: Is it possible to put a border or grame around video in Prem E 12?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 working on? Have you updated to 12.1 yet?

Have you experimented with the idea

a. put your image on Video Track 2 and your background on Video Track 1.

b. then downscale the image on Video Track 2 so that the background on Video Track 1 shows through in the transparency (black) areas that you have created in the image on Video Track 2 by downscaling it

Also, have you looked at the application of fx Effects/Presets/Bevels

(Depending on your export choice, working with Safety Margins on might be advisable.)

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Is it possible to put a border or grame around video in Prem E 12?
            Philby122 Level 1

Hi ATR, thanks for reply and suggestions.

I am running Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. PE V 12.1

I understand what you mean by 2nd track, worth experimenting with and yes I am using safe margins.

Looked at the Bezels effects, not what I am after, but I keep at it.

Strange Photoshop seems to have these borders as part of it, but PE Video doesn't. Well from trial of Photoshop it does, don't really need both for what I am doing.

Cheers

Phil

• 3. Re: Is it possible to put a border or grame around video in Prem E 12?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention a feature of Premiere Elements 12 that just might be what you are looking for. Sorry I forgot to mention the following.

The feature is Titles & Templates. Check out the Title templates under the Titles & Templates tab at the bottom of the Expert workspace.

Each theme comes as credits, lower3rd, title, or frame.

Pick a frame and drag it into your image on the Expert workspace Timeline. Then you will have the title template "frame" on Video 2 and the image for within the frame on Video 1.

If you need to scale either, right click the Edit area monitor, select Select, and then select which file you want to work on, the file on Video 1 or the file on Video 2.

You will probably have the greatest creativity opportunities for frames in Photoshop Elements, but the above way may work for you.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR