1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2007 12:11 AM by Newsgroup_User

Won't accept my serial number

jhkdk
      I have just bought Fireworks CS3 upgrade – and downloaded it. But when I try to install it, it won't accept my Fireworks 8 serial number. Why can that be?
        • 1. Re: Won't accept my serial number
          Level 7
          Was your version of Fireworks 8 a standalone version or part of a bundle?

I had the same issue in that I bought the Mac version of Fireworks CS3
          upgrade thinking it'd upgrade my version of Fireworks MX 2004 which was part
          of a MX 2004 Studio Bundle. Wrong. The serial number didn't work.

I got in touch with Adobe support who asked me if I'd read the eligible
          versions upgrade info on the web site. Of course I had and it says nothing
          whatsoever about not being able to upgrade a version of Fireworks in a
          bundled suite. They admitted this was badly written and should have a line
          or two explaining bundled versions cannot be upgraded.

To cut to the chase I wasn't eligible for an upgrade and I had to return the
          box back to Adobe which I will get refunded for. Unfortunately I had to
          purchase the full version of Fireworks CS3 which now, at almost £300, after
          postage, doesn't look like too good a deal anymore.

In short, you're not eligible for the upgrade if your version of Fireworks
          was part of a previous bundle from Macromedia. However if you have got a
          standalone version which goes back three versions including Fireworks 8 you
          should be OK. If you're having problems 'jhjdk' I suggest you get on to
          Adobe Tech and sound them out.

Hope this helps
          Gaz

On 10/5/07 7:40 am, in article f1ueoc$9o3$1@forums.macromedia.com, "jhkdk"
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> I have just bought Fireworks CS3 upgrade ? and downloaded it. But when I try
          > to install it, it won't accept my Fireworks 8 serial number. Why can that be?