- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- Mac OS X v10.7.4 , v10.8 or v10.9
- 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
- 5GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- Additional disk space for disk cache (10GB recommended)
- 1440x900 display
- OpenGL 2.0–capable system
- QuickTime 7.6.6 software required for QuickTime features
- Optional: Graphics card from list below with at least 1GB VRAM for GPU acceleration of ray-traced 3D renderer
- Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.*
Frank, that is not correct. Those are the system requirements for the current version, After Effects CC (12).
Steve, the main change is that the supported versions of Mac OS X are v10.8 and v10.9. Mac OS X v10.7 is not officially supported; you may install the software on Mac OS X v10.7, but you can't receive technical support from Adobe for such a configuration, and there may be additional issues.
Thank you very much. This information helps us moving forward.