15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 3:16 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel

Szymon Adamus

Hi there.

I have a strange problem with Adobe Premiere 7.0.

Every time I export a wideo it looses one audio channel - the right one. I have no idea why.

I have a stereo audio file in my Timeline and it plays in stereo during editing.

I choose stereo sound for export, try different codecs and formats but nothing helps. After rendering the movie lacks the right audio channel.

I've double-checked the source audio file in GoldWave - it does have the sound in both channels.

Source.jpg

Then I've double-checked the audio from the rendered movie - no right channel.

Rendered.jpg

What might be the source of this problem?

Thank you for you help.

Best regards,

Szymon.

• 1. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Szymon Adamus

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 7 running on?

You wrote

Then I've double-checked the audio from the rendered movie - no right channel.

Where have you done that?

a. By importing the export back into the Premiere Elements project and then viewing the wave form display in Audio Track 1?

b. In the audio editor Audacity

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

I am not clear from which program those screenshots are coming from.

If you import the export back into the Premiere Elements project and are only seeing one wave form represented in Audio Track 1, if you open the Audio Meter, does it indicate left and right channel activity during file playback in Premiere Elements Edit area or just left channel?

What are the specific details of your workflow so that I can try to reproduce what you report.

a. Properties of Source Media

b. Project Preset

c. Specifics of your Export....File Menu/Export/Movie...what? or Share/what? ...including the

export settings.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
            Szymon Adamus Level 1

Thank you for your answer A.T.

The screens were from the GoldWave program (similar to Audacity). I've checked the original and rendered versions in Adobre Premiere. The rendered one does not have audio channel.

Original and rendered.jpg

Original and rendered 2.jpg

Source audio: wav, 24 bit PCM, 2 channels, 44100 Hz (but it happens with every audio I've tried).

Project Settings:

HDTV 720p, 25 fps

audio 48000 Hz

Export settings:

MPEG2 PAL 720p 25 fps MainConcept MPEG Video codec

Audio MPEG, MainConcept MPEG Audio codec, MPEG-1, Layer II Audio, Stereo mode, 16 bit, 48 Hz, 384 kbps bitrate

Hardware I'm working on

Lenovo Y550

OS - Windows 7 32 bit

Intel T6600 2,20 Ghz CPU

4GB of RAM

Realtek High Definition Audio

Codecs installed:

CamStudio Lossless Codes v.1.5

K-Lite Codec Pack 9.4.0

Xvix MPEG 4 video Codec

ffdshow audio decoder

Haali Media Splitter

• 3. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Adamus

I have been meaning to get back to you sooner but got detoured. I wanted to do some road testing on your issue before posting again in your thread.

But, a quick question for now since it is late here.

How easy would it be for you to uninstall the Haali Media Splitter and determine if your issue disappeared with its removal?

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                Szymon Adamus Level 1

I did it but unfortunately it did not help

I'll try reinstalling Adobe Premiere tomorrow.

S.

• 5. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Szymon Adamus

Thanks for the reply in which you ruled out the Haali Media Splitter as a factor in the Premiere Elements 7 audio issue.

Just starting my day. In the next few hours, I am going to run through the workflow details that you posted to see if I can

reproduce the issue that you are describing.

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Szymon Adamus

I just did a run through of your workflow as close as I could come to source media, project settings, and export settings. I could not reproduce the loss of the right channel (or any channels) after export.

A just in case question...if you take your export into the Premiere Elements project, open the Audio Meters (Window Menu/Audio Meters) and play back the file with only the left channel displaying in the Timeline audio track, do you see activity in just the left vertical bar of the Audio Meter?

Also, in your details of Codecs installed, I saw mention of "Xvid MPEG-4 video Codec". Xvid is bad news for Premiere Elements (any version). Is Xvid involved in this project in any way?

We will watch for further developments. If you do the uninstall/reinstall of the program, please consider the sequence...

uninstall

ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and/or uninstalls

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

reinstall with antivirus and firewall turned Off

Premiere Elements 7 does not have a Help Menu/Deactivate in the opened program. But if you see a request to deactivate during uninstall, then please use that option so that activation of the product will be needed in the reinstall.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                      Szymon Adamus Level 1

Hey.

This is what I did yesterday:

1. Uninstalled Adobe Premiere 7

2. Run CCleaner

3. Restarted PC and reinstalled Premiere 7

No effect

4. Uninstalled Xvid.

No effect

I have no idea what is going on. I've just rendered the same movie file with the same audio file in Windows Movie Maker 2012 and it has both audio channels.

I think it's time to look for different editing software

• 8. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Szymon Adamus

Thanks for the reply.

What happened when you took the export (one channel display) into the Premiere Elements project and began the playback of that Timeline content with the Audio Meter opened? Did you see activity in only the left vertical bar of the Audio Meter or both?

Some thoughts...

a. For troubleshooting purposes only now, download and install the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 12 from Adobe....major workspace changes to get use to, but principles remain the same as the features tend to move around, get changed, or discontinued.

b. Send a sample of the video file (before it appears to lose a channel in export) so that we can check it out first hand in our Premiere Elements 7. Some send such a sample by posting a Dropbox link to the video in the Reply here.

Please review and consider.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                          Szymon Adamus Level 1

Hi again

I'm trying to download Premiere Elements 12 trial, but I can't do it.

Adobe Download Assistant displays a certificate error.

"This application can not be installed because of a problem with the certificate. Certificate does not match the certificate of installed application, does not support upgrades or is invalid. Contact the application vendor."

Any ideas how to get pass this so I can try the Premiere 12 version?

Best regards,

Szymon,

• 10. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Szymon Adamus

From where are you downloading the Premiere Elements 12 tryout

a. Adobe

or

b. Other

Have you tried to use another default browser to connect with the download site, if Firefox, then Internet Explore or Chrome?

If from Adobe, please confirm that you are starting with the following link

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_elements&loc=us

If you are having problems with the above download link, then please go to the link below and download the

Premiere Elements 12 tryout files from the following link

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Before you start clicking on any download links in the web site's page, please read carefully the "Note: Very Important Instructions" in

order to avoid Access Denied message.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                              Szymon Adamus Level 1

Hi.

Download - from Adobe

http://www.adobe.com/go/trypremiere_elements/

But the site is temporarily unavailable

I've tried with Chrome and Firefox.

site unavailable.jpg

I'll try the direct links now and let you know If it helps.

Thanks for your help.

• 12. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                                Szymon Adamus Level 1

I've downloaded Premiere 12 trial and rendered my original project. The problem with audio remains.

Later today I'll try to test Premiere 12 on a different PC.

• 13. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Szymon Adamus

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news was not better. Puzzling situation with those channels.

Please let us know the results with this audio issue and Premiere Elements 12 on another computer.

Depending on the results, consider posting a small sample of the source media for import/export here.

I can test it with Premiere Elements 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12 on Windows.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks again.

ATR

• 14. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                                    thomas cavendish

Hi Szymon...

I experienced the exactly same problem. Found your thread and after hours, I managed to solve this.

Here is what I did:

1- I changed my workspace to audio.

2- In the audio mixer window, for each audio track you turn it to zero 0.0

3- Now preview, and see in the master track if both sides are modulating.

Now you can export with no problems.

It worked for me.

I hope it works for you.

• 15. Re: Premiere 7 - stereo sound exports without one audio channel
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

thomas cavendish

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What do you mean when you say that you changed your workspace to audio....Premiere Elements 7 has only the Timeline workspace and the Sceneline workspace. Premiere Elements 11, 12, 13 have included Expert workspace and Quick workspace. So, please explain "...changed my workspace to audio".

Your next step is to open the Audio Mixer and "...for each audio track you turn it to zero 0.0" I am assuming that 0.0 is referring to the Balance in the Audio Mixer?

In the Preview, where are you seeing the master track and both sides modulating...Audio Meters from Window Menu/Audio Meters?

I do not see where what you have described is going to materialize the wave form for an audio channel (left or right) that is not displaying in the Timeline audio track. However, adjusts in the Audio Mixer Balance will change how many channels and which channel you see "modulating" in the Audio Meters.

Please review and consider and let me know if I have interpreted correctly the intent of your post.

Thank you.

ATR