4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 6:31 AM by VDRAVES

Is there a way to create an "edit decision list" (clips, start/end points, timeline order) from a project?

VDRAVES Level 1

I have completed a project draft and would like to record the clip information so I can carry it forward to another project.  I can look up the information manually, but wonder if Premiere Elements 10 has a way to export that information to a printable (or electronic) format.

• 1. Re: Is there a way to create an "edit decision list" (clips, start/end points, timeline order) from a project?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

VDRAVES

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on?

I have not seen the feature that you describe in Premiere Elements or its Elements Organizer (including "to a printable (or electronic) format).

Are you referring to clip metadata or to what was done to the clip in the Premiere Elements editing workflow?

If you take print out of the equation, then you might want to explore:

a. Elements Organizer 10 and the metadata (complete) associated with the file imported into the Elements Organizer.

b. In the Premiere Elements workspace, unnumbered markers and Comment for a file that can be associated with an unnumbered marker.

c. Other...involving Properties Palette and effects applied to a particular clip

Your best choice might be to download and install MediaInfo (comes in Windows and Mac versions) and use it in its Tree View for video and audio properties readouts. Windows version...

MediaInfo - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Just watch out for any unwanted carry alongs with the download.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Is there a way to create an "edit decision list" (clips, start/end points, timeline order) from a project?
            VDRAVES Level 1

I am running on Windows 8.0 OS.

I am looking for what was done in the editing.  I am currently opening each

clip from the Project Media area to record the Clip Marker In and Out

settings and Time Stretch setting.  Then I open the "Show Properties" from

the timeline to check the Motion and other Effects applied to each clip

used.

As far as Metadata information, I was hoping something could provide:

clip name

video marker in

video marker out

fade in/fade out

time stretch %

Motion Positions/scale, Anchor points/scale

Transition properties:  type, duration, alignment, start/end points

Information would be ordered by location in timeline (not by order in

organizer).

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Is there a way to create an "edit decision list" (clips, start/end points, timeline order) from a project?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

VDRAVES

Thanks for the reply. I do not see Premiere Elements offering what you seek.

If we eliminate any contributions from the Elements Organizer

a. In Project Media, there is a list view where the imported files are listed. There are columns of data associated with each file.

It used to be that one of those columns was for Comments and a few other fields for user input. That has long since disappeared, and what is still there appears non functional for user input. The user can right click a blank area in Project Media and select Edit Columns, but that is about it. There is no user entry opportunities that I see.

b. The Timeline unnumbered markers offer the opportunity for comments for each of the Timeline clips as described in the following blog post

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Forget Me Not Clip Details and Timeline Unnumbered Markers

c. The project file (project.prel) has an associated Notepad document that could be looked for for project data. Much is in codes. The Elements Organizer details would seem to me to be preferred over trying to draw information from the Notepad document of a saved/closed project.prel.

I am not sure if those with scripts and programming know how could find a way to force Premiere Elements to yield the information that you want in the format that you want?

I will think about this some more. But, right now the above is my impression of your thread question and a possible Premiere Elements project Edit Decision List.

ATR

• 4. Re: Is there a way to create an "edit decision list" (clips, start/end points, timeline order) from a project?
                VDRAVES Level 1

Thank you.  I will look into the unnumbered markers option.