• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dwsync.xml was denied error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a site from catalyst templates. I added a new image to a slide but Dreamweaver do not want to synchronize it. It returns a dwsync.xml was denied.

errorDW.jpg

Any idea what is wrong?

TOPICS
Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Still having this issue? I haven't personally stumbled across this issue so far, but from what I see it's not related to BC, but to permissions over the respective file/folder, which can be tackled by disabling the option to "Maintain Synchronization Information": http://prntscr.com/3tz1lh, from Site Definitions, under Remote Server.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue but only for files in sub directories.
Every time I am opening a file for example \\wwwwroot\sub_folder\index.html I am getting the same error message.

However when I open a file in the parent directory I am not getting this error \\wwwroot\index.html.

My local files are not actually stored on my local machine but are stored on our domain server in my users documents folder.

I have tried showing the hidden folder and files to locate the _notes folder and delete it along with the dwsync.wml then closing and opening DW but there is no such folder created to delete.

I have also turned off Maintain synchronization information and I still get the same error message.

I do have a test server but not a remote server setup.

I have the test server setting to automatically push filers to test server and always suto save dependent files.

But every time I open or make changes to the index.html pay with my sub-directory \\wwwroot\sub-directory\index.html I get this message appearing.

It does not happen with any of my parent directory files.

How can I stop this message appearing without having to move my files from my domain server user folder onto my local machine disc drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I didn't have the time or the patience to wait for a response and ended up placing my website files on local disk drive. This allowed the dwsync.xml file to be created and has fixed my problem. However I would prefer to have the files on our domain server as this is automatically backup and my local disk drive is not.

But anyhow. I have solved this problem myself.

But it doesn't explain why the parent directory files manage to create a _notes/dwsync.xml but the sub folder wasn't able to create the same folder and file with the server domain user folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines