• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to adobe Premiere Pro CC from CS5.5 and for a while it was working fine, then all of a sudden a random crash appeared saying "Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working" and no solution is found so forcibly it quits. I have restarted my computer and still the error happens whenever I launch the sequence I am working on. This is extremely furstrating!

I use Premiere Pro CC

I have installed the latest updates

Windows 7

I use Dxtory for my footage and the codec is Dxtory Video Codec at 29.97 and the files are .avi

JDnrQNL.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Hey Kids,

I read through all of this as I had been having the same problem. Robert actually almost got the answer but I did change my RAM and update the driver to my GTX780ti as he suggested.

This is what worked for me. Auto save is the culprit. SHUT IT OFF. I save anyway, and I suspect most of you save continuously like I do, most of the time subconsciously. There is no need for Auto save if you condition yourself to save all the time. When you go to render, auto save wants to crash that party,

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Do you have dual graphics adapters?

Go to the Windows Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound and then select Device Manager... In Device manager you click the + sign to the left of Display Adapters... and see if 2 are listed

IF YES, read below

-http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error---preludevideo-play-modules.html

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1001579

-Use BIOS http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1019004?tstart=0

-link to why http://forums.adobe.com/message/4685328

-http://www.anandtech.com/show/4839/mobile-gpu-faceoff-amd-dynamic-switchable-graphics-vs-nvidia-opti...

-HP Fingerprint/Password conflict http://forums.adobe.com/thread/911575

-Mac Utility http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1017891?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a single nVidia Titan

the driver I have is GeForce 337.88

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was a mistake.  I upgraded in Dec to CC and have had nothing but bad luck with PP CC.  I am now on a new 12 Core Mac Pro and Promise Raid and OS 10.9.3 and I can't get but 5 min work done and then it crashes and locks up my machine and I have to hard reboot.  This software is riddled with bugs and has caused me so much lost income.  It should be put back to CS6 until they get it working or I should just go back to FPC.  But sadly I am in the middle of editing two shows that have gone over deadline due to poorly built software.

I have tried help, phone call, emails, and get nothing but we are working on it.  That does not go well with my clients which I have lost one due to this problem.

Adobe staff get your S*** in gear and get this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem on my Macbook.  When I turned autosave off Premiere Pro stopped crashing.  Try that and see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned off AutoSave many versions ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we add a +1 to this, CC Media encoder the same, an absolute JOKE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also the same problem ever since I updated to 2014.2. I have done everything the troubleshooting guide from adobe says, with no results. I have called costumer support, and still no results. I CAN'T WORK AND MY CLIENTS ARE FURIOUS.

Please ABOBE DO SOMETHING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2015 Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are you listening? This version is awful. It's like swimming through mud trying to get anything done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems still occurring with me, I have tried everything there is but i still get repeated crashes on 2015.0 when trying to export, add text, move things around, pretty much anything will result in a crash. It's a bit frustrating knowing that I am paying for this software and it just wont work with whatever i try. I wish i could switch programs but just do not have the time or money to do so.

I'm working on Windows 10 on Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.0, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting this same error/crash - it started right after I did the most recent update about 3 days ago

since then I can export to media and it randomly crashes while using the program

(windows 7, 8gb, laptop, i7, 2.00ghz, premiere pro cc 2014.2  8.2.0 Build (65))

well I'm not sure if this is a fix or not but it worked for me been up and running all day today with no crashes and have exported to media on several decent sized projects

so after some reading I went to
preferences>memory and changed it from performance to memory
and then also changed my "ram reserved for other applications" to it's lowest setting (mine was 1.5gb) which opened up .5 gb of memory for premiere pro (now 6.5gb)

again been working all day when it was crashes quite frequently (after the last update)

hope this helps someone!

kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same issue - Premiere Pro CC keeps crashing even if I don't do any thing.  Is occurring approximately every 15 to 20 minutes?

Pro CC Crash.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, it has been happening for a while. At first I thought it was my computer, now I know it is not.

There are jobs, money, deadlines and reputations on the line here can someone please help all of us to get this problem fixed asap.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've read these threads for the last few hours in between restarting PP. I was having the same issues as everyone here but I did what everyone said including some things from other threads Premiere Pro CC 2014 freezes frequently and crashes

and I have fixed the crashing, Heres what I did that seems to have worked.

Installed the CUDA drivers From Here CUDA Drivers for MAC Archive | NVIDIA

Changed my Preferences to Optimize rendering for memory Instead of performance

Changed my RAM reserved for other applications to 3gb

Deleted all my preview files

and lastly and this one for some reason seems to be a BIG ONE, It seems to me that most people were having the issue at about 20 min. It also seems to me most people have their auto save set to every 20 min. I have mine set to 5 and mine was crashing every 5 min

I read on a thread that if your project name had any unusual dashes or symbols in it that maybe that could cause something weird so I renamed my project without any dashes or underscores and did the same for the AE files associated with the project, I also made a clean path to the project file, Such as moved the project folder to the top directory.

I've been crash free for 1 hours, the program seems to be running okay and by okay I mean I think it could run better if I set the Optimize for memory back to performance but whatever, Im editing again.

I really hope this helps someone or everyone. Man I know the pain you guys are going through. Thankfully I haven't started my next big project and was doing a re-cut for a client who's very patient.

Also want to mention for Adobe personal responding here, I really appreciate you guys and I know we (editors) can come off a little douchie sometimes, I assure you its from frustration,

And lastly, I must say that the Adobe engineer guy said something very important that I hope everyone read, Its understandable that your frustrated but complaining about how "this version sucks" and Adobe "has dropped the ball" really doesn't help get the problem fixed. They need information and a ton of it. I can only imagine how many possible equations could cause such crashes. Lets help them help us.

Thanks,

Robert

Im working on a;

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Yosemite 10.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far you seem to be a lifesaver Rob! Tried all the things you posted. It's been about 45 minutes and still no crash of freeze, or any of the other countless errors and glitches I was having with Premiere CC.

Lets hope it stays this way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"And lastly, I must say that the Adobe engineer guy said something very important that I hope everyone read, Its understandable that your frustrated but complaining about how "this version sucks" and Adobe "has dropped the ball" really doesn't help get the problem fixed. They need information and a ton of it. I can only imagine how many possible equations could cause such crashes. Lets help them help us."

Hi Rob - I applaud the sentiment, I really do, but I think you miss an important aspect.  We are in the main professional video editors not software engineers. In addition, some of us pay a monthly subscription to USE this software not TEST it.  There's a big difference between producing high end video for a client (from which we make our living) and sending in endless crash reports, logs, and re-installing software "to see if it makes any difference to performance".  Can you imagine driving a car on this basis?

I've given up trying to be helpful.  Now I'm looking elsewhere for a professional solution to my video editing needs because sadly the much heralded Premiere Pro 2014 is failing to meet my clients' professional demands, let alone my own high standards,.  I have the latest OS (Yosemite) running on a 2014 Mac Pro; I realise the world moves fast, but if Adobe can't keep up then it's time to look elsewhere, surely?

But I do agree with you, let's not be too hard on the engineers at Adobe, like us, they're only doing their jobs.

Best regards

James Harrison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plus  1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

used photoshop pretty  much  every  day  for 7 years.

i didn't  even know  there  were  these forums for problems.

adobe??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.  I have an intermittent crashing like problem every 15 minutes.  This current build is terrible.  I can't reinstall and delete my prefs every day.

I think they have really dropped the ball in this court.  If this software is becomes less stable and more unprofessional in time.  My interest in using this product will be unfavorable.

Forget about customer support.  They just don't have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rob,

Thanks for this. I'm having a more intense issue, it's restarting about 1-2 minutes after I start it up. So, basically I can't use the application.

I can't figure out how to reserve my RAM for other applications? I have a MAC Yosemite....any help? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 6.39.58 PM (2).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! I already optimized for memory but what about the "reserve 3gb ram for other applications"? That's what I'm suck on

also, I'm suing MPG files. does that mean anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh i see it's there as well! Thanks!

Also, I realize it quit right after I made those changes so it didn't save. will quit on my own, restart it, and hopefully have luck! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines