4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 3:46 PM by timmel

Align to guides

timmel

Hi, I have not been able to use my 'align to' buttons since upgrading to Adobe CC. I'm not sure if there is a menu option or some workspace setting I've not switched on? I am placing items from a pdf on the page.

• 1. Re: Align to guides
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Is the panel available?

Did you select several objects or a condition to align to margins/page?

Are the objects not locked?

Where does this function stop?

• 2. Re: Align to guides
            timmel Level 1

the panel is available and the item is not locked. I select it with the selection tool and I can rotate it but when I click on the align tools nothing happens. I have had this for a while as this is a regular task i do. I usually just grab and move the object manually and look for the guide lines to appear when it's centered but it is frustrating that i should be able to (and used to) simply click the button.

I've just tried the same on a created shape instead of a placed item but still the alignment tool doesn't work.

• 3. Re: Align to guides
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

for a single object you can align to page or to margins, but I suspect you are set to align to selection, so nothing will happen.

• 4. Re: Align to guides
                timmel Level 1

Thank you Peter, I've had a look and you are correct, and once I change to 'align to page' it's working as I expected. I knew it would be a simple thing I'd missed!