3 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2007 1:04 AM by Brian.Mccaffery

HTML Help and Vista

AnnieTechWriter
      I created a .chm file from RoboHelp HTML Help that works/displays fine on Windows XP Pro OS. The same file will not display correctly on Vista. The wrapper and TOC are fine, but the actual HTML pages do not display (receive a "The address is not valid" error).

Is anyone else having this problem? I assumed since they are just HTML pages they would display on any OS.

Thanks for your input!!!
        • 1. Re: HTML Help and Vista
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi AnnieTechWriter and welcome to our community

Are you running the .CHM off a network drive in Vista? If so, I would think the same rules apply there as with other versions of Windows. Click here to read more about that.

Assuming you aren't, have you tried right clicking the .CHM and looking at the properties? Maybe it's treating it like XP does when you download one from the web. If you do that, you normally have to right-click and look at the properties and click a button labeled "Unblock".

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: HTML Help and Vista
            AnnieTechWriter Level 1
            Thanks for the reply, Rick.

I'm aware of the issue trying to run a .chm off a network, so I ran this .chm off the desktop. It displays fine on any other OS but still not Vista. I've also asked a couple other people to try it with the same results.

I tried looking at the properties as you suggested, but don't see an option for "Unblock". Am I just overlooking something obvious?
            • 3. Re: HTML Help and Vista
              Brian.Mccaffery Level 1
              Check the following LINK for instructions.

Hope it helps,

Brian