Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Help and Vista

May 07, 2007 May 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a .chm file from RoboHelp HTML Help that works/displays fine on Windows XP Pro OS. The same file will not display correctly on Vista. The wrapper and TOC are fine, but the actual HTML pages do not display (receive a "The address is not valid" error).

Is anyone else having this problem? I assumed since they are just HTML pages they would display on any OS.

Thanks for your input!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnnieTechWriter and welcome to our community

Are you running the .CHM off a network drive in Vista? If so, I would think the same rules apply there as with other versions of Windows. Click here to read more about that.

Assuming you aren't, have you tried right clicking the .CHM and looking at the properties? Maybe it's treating it like XP does when you download one from the web. If you do that, you normally have to right-click and look at the properties and click a button labeled "Unblock".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Rick.

I'm aware of the issue trying to run a .chm off a network, so I ran this .chm off the desktop. It displays fine on any other OS but still not Vista. I've also asked a couple other people to try it with the same results.

I tried looking at the properties as you suggested, but don't see an option for "Unblock". Am I just overlooking something obvious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2007 May 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Check the following LINK for instructions.

Hope it helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp