6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 12:01 PM by A.T. Romano

Importing Fonts

tylejgeph

I am trying to import a font from dafont.com and it says that I don't have the right codec when I drag the downloaded file unto the media.  I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 10.  I tried fixing this by going to install content from Disc 4 but when the Install Wizard opens up the only option I get it to remove the program from my computer.

• 1. Re: Importing Fonts
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Importing Fonts
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Windows or Mac?

For Windows search http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US for an article on installing fonts

• 3. Re: Importing Fonts
              nealeh Level 5

You don't install or import fonts to Premiere Elements. You install them into your system. PRE can then use any installed font. In Windows right-click the font file and select install. After installation it should be available to you in PRE.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 4. Re: Importing Fonts
                A.T. Romano Level 7

tylejgeph

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on?

You do not install fonts into Premiere Elements by importing them into the project media as you seem to be saying in your opening post.

The web site that you referenced for your new fonts clearly states the how to. For example, after you extract the downloaded font,

for Windows 8, 7, or Vista, you right click the font and select "Install". If the font is compatible with your system and Premiere Elements, then the font should be installed and you should find the font in the drop down list of fonts when you go to use the Premiere ElementsTitler and its text tool.

The Premiere Elements 10 Content disc (Windows, disc 4 of 5) contains content for

Movie Themes

Title Templates

DVD/Blu-ray Menu Templates

Music

and not the fonts, the kind to which you are referring. So, you do not want to involve Disk 4 in this matter as that you describe.

The online download counterpart of your Disc 4 can be found

Adobe - Premiere Elements: Download content

Please let us know if your new fonts are installing as expected when you use the how to instructions at the web site offering the fonts.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Importing Fonts
                  tylejgeph Level 1

I am using windows 7 core i5 HP.  After installing the fonts they show up in a folder which I now understand can'y be dragged into the media section of premiere.  The font also don't show up in the dropbox either though.

• 6. Re: Importing Fonts
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

tylejgeph

Thanks for the reply.

After you click installed to the font from the unzipped folder, what happens? Can you find the font in with Windows fonts if not within the Premiere Elements Titler font list?

ATR