• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH X3 to X4 error

New Here ,
May 07, 2007 May 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the task to update the RH files after a person was taken off the project. I installed X4 but when I attempt to start it up, it starts X3 and any file I open gives an incompatibility message (all files were created in 2003-2004). Any suggestions? It seems to work OK for the other 2 people who use it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Are you using the same PC and if so, was X3 removed first?

Was X4 installed using your logon and with admin rights?

Did you get any messages about earlier versions being installed?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an existing PC that never had any version of RoboHelp on it. It was installed by me with my admin rights. I did an uninstall and reinstalled but get the same error.
The actual message is: 'This project is from a newer version of the program. This project is no longer compatible with this version. Please make sure you have the newest version installed.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ah! That's the reverse. If you installed X4 and are getting that message, it means the project has been opened in X5 or RH6.

See the topic on my site about Opening RH Projects. It gives some workarounds. Shouldn't take you more than a year or two. Just kidding, it may take a little while but nothing too onerous.

Post back if you hit problems.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp