• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP CC and OS 10.9.3 work around for crashing and rendering

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very nice guy named Anand at customer service walked me through it.  I have had 35 crashes today and that has been building for days, it really got on my nerves.  Deadlines and client pressure but Anand stuck with me.

First take care of Disk permissions

Second boot up secure then Go>Go to ~/Library/Caches and delete all files.  Do not secure delete trash, some files are needed and you will just say continue.

Then and this is the big one know one else has told me is go to File in Premier Pro then Project Settings then General and change Rendering to Software Only.  I have a 12 Core new Mac Pro since Jan and have been running CPU Acceleration (Open CL) since then but I guess the new OS 10.9.3 will not work with that.

So I have to say a big I AM SORRY TO ADOBE!! since it was not them but Apple and the firmware for the graphics card.

Well at least now I am back working and making money.

Thank you Anand you deserve a raise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing but it is also now rendering.  I guess it is one step at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't help you, but I have also seen "some" messages that the update to Win8.1 is causing problems for some people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I am still getting the same crashes, but now I can render which I could not do prior.  Be nice to have it run smooth, just too much on my plate to have the software slow me do, and for the money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Boru,

You may also want to trash your preferences, if you haven't tried that yet.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

The best way to trash preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it Shift + Option on my Mac Pro.  Did nothing, I am back to not getting anything done and just locking up after seeing most of the screen go green then video is gone and only audio.  If I try any mouse click or keyboard stroke I am locked up and have to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problems, for the last couple of weeks, all of a sudden premier CS6 keeps crashing on me.

We have 2 Imac's with premier on them and both are doing it.

The work we are editing isn't huge in size and I would say are no longer than 2 min.  Playback stutters or freezes and when I go to render parts of the file to watch back the time is 30 mins for a 10 second clip.

Ive tried everything on here and on other posts, and im now getting really frustrated.  I have nothing else running in the adobe suit i've made sure they are closed.

Can anyone advise on what I can do to fix these issues, as the changes made have not made any difference.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having 10-12 hard crashes a day and am told the next release will solve it.  Well that has not helped me get the last two shows out.  Waiting on the release and a note explaining that is has been solved so I do not update and have additional problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've realised on both mac's the crashes are very intermittent, some days it will crash 4 or 5 times, others it doesn't crash at all?

To get the clips to render in the work area I had to remove the warp stabiliser effect, which I shouldn't have to do as I have plenty of memory/Ram on my imac to run any effects, and keep all the files on an external hard drive (which again has never affected performance before and i've had after effects, photoshop, adobe and premier open in the past all at the same time)

However saying this I have had the same issues with rendering in the time line in after effects recently too and just gave up

Just really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating is not the word but I would get kicked off here if I used the right words.  How about Adobe gives us back all the money that we pay in while this is happening.  I have lost $1,000's of dollars and one client.  And are we getting answers.  Big corporate is not really caring about the small guy.

I have to not use warp stabilizer because you can't, I can not have dissolves or any transitions overlap which makes a lot of my editing not possible, and that is why I lost a client. 

10-15-20 hard crashes a day and another 10-15 where I have to force quit.  The hard crashes I have to stop the Mac Pro, go in restart, then trash preferences, then clear cache.  Now do that 100 times a week and see how frustrating you get.

Come on Adobe, talk to us and please fix the problem.  I had a video editor from a major university ask if they should go PP CC and I said, NO, stick with FCP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boru wrote:

Come on Adobe, talk to us and please fix the problem. 

Hi Boru,

As I have said before, we are working with our partners at Apple and AMD on a fix. That's all we have for you right now. Sorry.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has this issue been resolved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DMCNDC,

We'd have to hear from Boru to find out if his specific issue is solved yet. In general, resetting permission folders to read/write has solved most of the issues around crashing while working. A bug with artifacts on exports on 2013 Mac Pros was solved for most people by updating to OS X 10.9.4.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Kevin,

My issue is not solved yet.  Still lines at time, not all the time just random.  Still crashes with 3/4 green screen, random.  Still lock ups, random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boru,

Can you do a clean installation of OS X 10.9.4? If you did an update, I have a feeling that there are remnants of the previous installation that could cause this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any good links on doing a proper clean install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boru,

Nothing I have fully vetted, but I did see this link: http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/using-autodmg-create-clean-osx-10-9-mavericks-boot-image/

Basically, you create a .dmg file that you can install with.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin,

Well I am in the process of doing a clean install of OS 10.9.4 since I lost all video with very weird artifacts on the screen.  I did a reinstall of the OS and that is when I had the problems.  So now I am going all the way with clean install.

Then I will reinstall PP CC and put on my third party apps and hopefully be back in business.  Will report back tomorrow morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boru,

Boru wrote:

I am still having 10-12 hard crashes a day and am told the next release will solve it.  Well that has not helped me get the last two shows out.  Waiting on the release and a note explaining that is has been solved so I do not update and have additional problems.

Have you switched the Mercury Playback Engine to "Software Only" yet?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

that is what cut the crashes down but still 10-15 a day.

Is the new 10.9.4 stable with PP CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, I think your steps helped with rendering issues. How would we know if there is a Graphic Card Firmware update? I have the AMD FirePro D700.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This steps did help with the render and a little with lock ups.  But there is still footage that locks it up and I still get 3/4 screen green line and then is just plays audio.  Try any buttons or key strokes and hard lock up.

My machine went to Apple to check all the hardware and it passed so it is not the graphic card.  Apple said they know about the problem and are working on a patch.  How long it will take they did not say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if we change this, then do we not get the hardware acceleration that Adobe promised with CC? Adobe is saying that this is an Apple issue?

Anyway - Ive changed this and I am still experiencing a host of issues on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

next link says After Effects, but check YOUR permissions !!!

-http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/06/permissions-mac-os-start-adobe-applications.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines