The latest Flash Player 14 builds are now available. You can download Flash Player here:http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta.
Please note that this build is identical (except for version number) with the official release slated for next week. Please alert us as soon as possible if you encounter any issues.
New Features for Flash Player 14:
- PPAPI Content Debugger - EXTENDED BETA
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of the PPAPI Flash Player content debugger. For the first time, Flash developers will be able to debug their content using the PPAPI interface on Chromium based browsers. Please note that at this time, only the Chrome Canary build (M36 or higher) has support for the PPAPI debugger. To use this plugin in Google Chrome, please install the debugger using our stand alone installer available from labs.adobe.com and navigate to the chrome://plugins/ page. On the Chrome Plug-ins page, expand the plugin details and enable the debug version (noted in the Plug-in description) of the Shockwave Flash.When configuring remote debugging, please navigate to Flash content and select the "Debugger" menu item from the Flash Player context menu.
Once set, these settings will take effect when the page is refreshed or the next time Flash content is loaded. For additional configuration options, please visit our Flash Player debug help page. Content displayed using SwfObject may encounter problems with the version number check. We are aware of this issue (see known issues below) and will address this in an upcoming build.
- Anisotropic Filtering
This new texture sampling filter can enhance the image quality of textures on surfaces that are at oblique viewing angles. There are two ways to enable this feature:
In AGAL, set one of the values – "anisotropic2x", "anisotropic4x", "anisotropic8x", or "anisotropic16x" to the filter option in the sampling instructions. Or call Context3D::setSamplerStateAt with the 3rd parameter "filter" being one of the values defined in Context3DTextureFilter - "ANISOTROPIC2X", "ANISOTROPIC4X", "ANISOTROPIC8X", or "ANISOTROPIC16X"
- New Stage3D "Standard" Profile
Developers can now request this high level profile when creating Context3D. Three new features are available in this profile:
- Multiple render target allows to you to draw geometry to multiple outputs (up to 4) during one drawing
- Floating point texture allows you to create Texture, RectangleTexture and CubeTuxture with the RGBA16F folder.
- AGAL v2 contains these improvements:
- Increased register size
- Partial derivative instructions
- Fragment depth output
- Conditional forward jump
Notable Fixes and Enhancements:
- TextField.getFontList() and Font.enumerateFonts() now return 0 in Private Browsing Mode (3720929)
- Font.enumerateFonts now returns an alphabetically sorted list (3720932)
- Resolves an issue introduced in Flash Player 11.10 and AIR SDK > 13 where attached connected game controllers were not detected at launch (3752605)
- Hardware Decoding support is now enabled for Intel Baytrail hardware (3752291)
- [Chrome] Resolves an issue where some render textures could not be displayed with Chrome and D3DX11 (3743626)
- [Chrome] Angry Birds on Facebook now works as expected (3761933)
- [Chrome] Flash Player will not load a SWF if Content-Type-Options: nosniff is specified and the Content-Type header does not match (3712045, Chromium 172918)
- [HTTP Live Streaming] The value of AudioTrack.isDefault is now returned correctly (3761057)
- [HTTP Live Streaming] The value of AudioTrack.name is now returned correctly after AUDIO_UPDATE events (3767714)
- [Mac] Fixes a memory leak encountered during video and Stage3D playback (3738368)
- [Win] Resolves a video playback issue that was introduced in 11.9.900.166 that caused a small number of H.264 streams to not play (3735300)
- [Win] IME - Corrects an issue where words were duplicated in the candidate window on third-party bottom line IMEs (3721064)
- [Win8.1 ARM] Farmville2 - The maximum number of Stage3D instances allowed on Win8.x ARM devices has been increased from one to four (3732718, MSFT 607382)
- [Win8.1 x64] The Windows Narrator tool now recognizes Flash Player objects embedded in web pages (3618169, MSFT 458063)
- [Win8.1] Reduces power consumption during video playback in portrait orientation (3699152)
- [Win8.1] Improves performance of video blitting on DirectX 11 systems in portrait mode (3748772)
- [Win8.1] Video from built-in cameras now rotates as expected when the device changes from landscape to portrait mode (3722322, MSFT 611601)
- [Win8.1] Sprite.graphics.beginFill(Number) now correctly sets the provided color after a page refresh (3729475, MSFT 508518)
- [Win8.1] HTTP Live Streaming - Resolves an issue where encrypted video playback would hang intermittently (3710245)
- [Win8.x] The [Tab] key now works as expected in Full-Screen mode (3719314)
- [Win8.x] Resolves a stability issue for standalone applications that use Flash Player in an embedded Internet Explorer instance (3763486)
- [Win8.x] StandAlone Player - Exiting FullScreen mode now works as expected (3730508)
- [Win8.x] Flash Player will now gracefully recover from a graphics driver reset (3752447, MSFT 346563)
- [Win8.x] Resolves a stability issue with HTTP Live Streaming (3758254)
- PPAPI Debugger Preview - Multiple Stability Fixes (3720385, 3720431, 3720925)
- Multiple stability Fixes
- PPAPI Debugger - Chrome incorrectly reports the installed location of the plugin in chrome:plugins
- PPAPI Debugger - ESPN does not correctly detect the Flash Debugger Plug-in (3755128)
- PPAPI Debugger - Some content using SWFObject is not loaded correctly (3755345)
About the Beta Channel
Beta Versions of Flash Player are available for automatic installation via our Background Update service. Pleasesubscribe to automatically install or receive update availability notifications at runtime.