9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 7:37 AM by A.T. Romano

project archiver error

BentMedvind Level 1

Every time at want to archive - I get this: project archiver error - some unknown error has occured - pl save your project and try again

I have tried to restart program and PC but nothing helps - also tried just to copy the projerct but get the same message.

It has worked fine earlier

• 1. Re: project archiver error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

BentMedvind

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating sysem is it running?

Do you get the same Project Archiver error using the Archive as well as the Copy option of the Project Archiver?

What formats are on the Premiere Elements Timeline for this project that you are trying to archive? And what is

the project's project preset. What is the total duration of the project's Timeline?

Looking forward to the requested information in order to help you resolve your Premiere Elements Project Archiver

issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: project archiver error
            BentMedvind Level 1

PE 12

also tried just to copy the project but get the same message.

It´s a timelap with gopro stills 7 mp.

Duration 1.54 minutes cut - footage some 25000 stills

Project preset: 1080x1920,

capture: HDV

Rendering: max bit depth - optimize stills

• 3. Re: project archiver error
              A.T. Romano Level 7

BentMedvind

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos that you are using in that Time Lapse Timeline? Were any resized to 1920 x 1080 prior to import?

Are the GoPro stills jpegs?

What is the total duration of the Timeline Time Lapse video?

If you select File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy what are you setting for the Copied Folder that will be generated?

and

What do you see in the Project Archiver dialog for the following when you select Copy option

Disk space Available

Orginal Project Size

New Saved Project Size

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: project archiver error
                BentMedvind Level 1

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos that you are using in that Time Lapse Timeline?    2886x2164

Were any resized to 1920 x 1080 prior to import?  no resize - I use the zoom effect. 

Are the GoPro stills jpegs?  yes - but have been lens corrected i Camera Raw and saved again with new names

What is the total duration of the Timeline Time Lapse video? before cut - 19 minutes   28746 files -  after cut 1,54 minutes

If you select File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy what are you setting for the Copied Folder that will be generated? a folder on the HD

and

What do you see in the Project Archiver dialog for the following when you select Copy option

Disk space Available 1,1 TB

Orginal Project Size 19.8 gb

New Saved Project Size 19.8 GB

I have just made a succesfull project archiving of an other video made from various movieclips.

But it didn´t change anything regarding the time lap

• 5. Re: project archiver error
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

BentMedvind

Thanks for the further details of your Premiere Elements 12 Project Archiver issue.

I suspect that the issue goes to the size of the project with its 28746 stills at 2866 x 2164 pixel dimensions.

The Copied or Trimmed Folder will have copies of all 28746 stills plus the project file. The project size is small, but those stills represent a huge contribution to either of those archived folders. In the case of the Copy option, the Copied Folder will include 28746 stills used on the Timeline as well as those in Project Assets that were not dragged to the Timeline.

You say that you have successfully archived a Timeline with various movie clips. Archive or Copy option used? How many movie clips and what resolution for the movie clips (presumed 1920 x 1080?). What was the estimated and actual size of the archived folder in this case?

For troubleshooting purposes, you could make two copies of the Time Lapse project (as it exists just prior to archiving). Then for one, delete 1/2 the project and try to archive the remainder. Then for the other, delete 3/4 of the project and try to archive the remainder.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: project archiver error
                    BentMedvind Level 1

Sorry. I have just left for a 17 Days job. We will have to wait.

• 7. Re: project archiver error
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

BentMedvind

We will be glad for the opportunity to work with you on your issue when your schedule permits.

Until then

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: project archiver error
                        BentMedvind Level 1

ok, I´m back.

and I have tried most of what you suggested. - But nothing helped.

I even connected my HDD with the project to my laptop with the same version of PE - nothing worked.

But then I found out that I could render a preview video and the line became green as expected. Then I could upload the video to Youtube using PE to do it.

But I was not able to render a video for my own HDD - strange. The video looked OK on Youtube.

I saw that after having rendered a preview video - the green line was OK. But then the next time I started PE and opened the project - theres was a little bit of orange piece in the green preview line.

I could then render the small bit again and it became green.

Then I closed PE - restarted and opened the project again - then the same bit was orange again.

So perhaps it was my image files tha was bad.

Then I redeveloped 500 of the files in that bit and replaced the footage.

Now everything works!!!!!!

and the video has been delivered to the customer

thks

BentMedvind

• 9. Re: project archiver error
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

BentMedvind

Thanks for the good news that "Now everything works!!!!!!" and video was delivered to your customer. Great job.

But, when you have the time, could you give a bit more detail on what you did to achieve your success.

Regarding

I saw that after having rendered a preview video - the green line was OK. But then the next time I started PE and opened the project - theres was a little bit of orange piece in the green preview line.

I could then render the small bit again and it became green.

Then I closed PE - restarted and opened the project again - then the same bit was orange again.

So perhaps it was my image files that was bad.

and especially the part about "So perhaps it was my image files that was bad."

What you observed can happen with "bad" or "good" files. It is known for Premiere Elements (many versions) that, if you save close a "rendered" looking project (green line over Timeline content) and then reopened it, the reopened project will present looking like an "unrendered" looking project (orange line over Timeline content). Yet, the preview files that were generated by the rendering process for this project file are still alive and well at their hard drive save location. This is an old and long story. A Premiere Elements user recently posted about this problem related to .psd versus jpg still images and this before and after rendered/unrendered business.

Regarding

Then I redeveloped 500 of the files in that bit and replaced the footage.

Now everything works!!!!!!

What do you mean by "redeveloped"?  Did you replace the footage (assumed of 500 files already in the project) and use the Replace Footage feature of the program?

If you have the time to reply with the details, it would be helpful to all.

Thank you.

Best wishes

ATR