• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8: Advanced answer option missing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Captivate 8 License and installed the software.

While created MCQ with single answer, I found Advanced answer option is missing - I tried searching on the web and followed the instructions, cleared cache by clicking on the .bat file while captivate is not open. Restarted the system but still issue is not resolved.

I want this option to complete one of my project. Early response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Satish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Hi Satish,

I have checked in my system and I am able to get advance action properly under Options section inside Properties tab of Selected answer item. To enable partial scoring first go to quiz tab and check the Partial score box.

I prefer please clear the layouts and preferences then start the captivate and check the issue.

To clear preferences go to Installation folder of captivate\utils and run file CleanPreferencesWin.bat.

To clear layouts got to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Asset

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Satish,

I have checked in my system and I am able to get advance action properly under Options section inside Properties tab of Selected answer item. To enable partial scoring first go to quiz tab and check the Partial score box.

I prefer please clear the layouts and preferences then start the captivate and check the issue.

To clear preferences go to Installation folder of captivate\utils and run file CleanPreferencesWin.bat.

To clear layouts got to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Layouts and delete 8_0 folder.

Please keep posting if you still have this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Shriyansh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think your problem is linked with the fact that workspaces have been deprecated (not a good step IMO). Advanced answer option has still the same work flow:

• Select an answer on the stage
  • Go to the Properties panel, not the Quiz Properties panel
  • Tab to 'Options':
  • You can now also choose a particular feedback message (didn't do it in the screenshot)

MCQAdvAnx.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Shriyansh & Lilybiri.

I tried both of yours... it worked.

Satish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Satish,

Could you please let me know did you find the advanced answer option. If yes, can you please provide the navigation. As i have also upgraded my captivate version to 8 and not able to find the same.

Thanks

Shikha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered with a screenshot, what do you need more? You have to select an answer and look in the Properties panel, not in the Quiz Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Satish,

Thanks for your help with these other folks. Perhaps you can help me. I still, no matter what I do, cannot get Captivate 8 to show me this advanced answer option. I am using two question pools, but inside the pools, I have no such option. I want to provide custom feedback for each incorrect answer. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there another quiz setting that must be active in preferences before this will show up? I have tried resetting all workspaces, layouts, cleared cache, etc. and nothing will work for me.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources