3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 5:11 AM by HardXOR

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

BillMMBill

[Transferring from original post Premiere elements 12 does not launch, nothing happens

Win7

Premiere Elements 12.1

64 Bit

Have owned and successfully used Premiere 12 on this computer since fall of 2013. A few days ago it wouldn't launch. I was able to get the programs to at least get to this error message ( details of previous attempts at -- Premiere elements 12 does not launch, nothing happens

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Having spent about 11 hours on the previous attempts I need to take care of some other priorities before I attempt to clear this error.

I will be attempting the solutions I have found posted in the community and will post results as I go along.

For a short time this is a placeholder.

Thanks all,

Bill

• 2. Re: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)
          BillMMBill Level 1

After working over ten hours the other day trying to get
          past the welcome screen and winding up with the error message in the title of
          this post – SUCCESS!!!!!!

Following instructions Posted by Sandeep Singh. THANK YOU SANDEEP.

[Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1355374]

Follow his instructions:

In Control Panel-delete program  -- REMOVE all Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable  and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
          Packages (both x86 and x64) .

SEARCH FOR/ DOWNLOAD/ and INSTALL the following Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

NOW REINSTALL ADOBE PREMIERE 12.

I hope this helps you. Big thanks to Sandeep and ATR for all of their help, and you too John (hadn't checked back until just now).

Bill OUT (for now). Time to make movies!

• 3. Re: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)
            HardXOR Level 1

hi all,

this is not necessary a redistributable packages error, best name for this error may be "cannot load dll correctly"

for any reason - function not found or version is too old or something like that

this is my procedure how to find wrong dll

1.) download Process Monitor by Sysinternals (now hosted on Microsoft)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb896645.aspx

2.) start Process Monitor (start capture if not started) and try start any Adobe product (if one fail on this error everyone fails)

Adobe product throw error 0xc000007b, click ok and go back to Process Monitor

3.) stop capture with 3rd icon (magnifying glass)

4.) find Adobe product (in my example Photoshop) and choose filter like you see on picture

00.png

this delete any other process lines from list

5.) now you can see how Adobe product load Image Files (dll)

normaly it looks like u can see on picture

01.png

you can see Opperation = Load Image and in details return of Image Base and address

6.) if you go to end where process exit himself, you can see this

02.png

on this picture you can see Photoshop is trying load "msvcr100.dll" but no successfull Load Image operation or Image Base address

Process try find correct dll on many different places, but no luck, after that Process Exit call and close himself

and so this dll is wrong or cannot be loaded correctly

7.) download another version from http://www.dll-files.com/ and find which work and which dont

this is example when i try rewrite glu32.dll with older one and get same error, but in Process Monitor is clearly see what happened

03.png

again no successful Image Load operation and no Image Base address = same 0xc000007b error

I hope I helped