• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

xmlParse CF10 vs. CF11

Advocate ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with xmlParse and CF11. I have a site running perfectly under either CF9 or CF10. It uses xml files for various site settings and static content. Under CF11 I'm receiving the following:

An error occurred while Parsing an XML document. Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.

I've sent the document through various xml validators, no issues. Like I said, the exact same document parsed fine under CF9 & CF10 -- in fact it was created by CF9 and/or CF10.
Any ideas on what might be causing this (other than a CF11 bug) and a possible work around. (it's hard to create a work around when I'm not even sure the issue)

BTW, I downloaded and installed the latest CF11 yesterday. A check for updates does not show any available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Hmmm, I found the issue. I found a post on another forum that suggested opening the xml document in Firefox as it's xml parser is very sensitive (as is CF11 apparently). It pointed right to the offending text -- a high byte character (actually a few). It still baffles me that CF9 & 10 created these XML documents and parsed them without issue all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm, I found the issue. I found a post on another forum that suggested opening the xml document in Firefox as it's xml parser is very sensitive (as is CF11 apparently). It pointed right to the offending text -- a high byte character (actually a few). It still baffles me that CF9 & 10 created these XML documents and parsed them without issue all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation