5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 5:10 PM by MatLac

I need a custom calculation script that takes the target field name and extrapolates the names of the other fields from it, and then uses their values in the calculation.

pbibster

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

I have a long Excel price list that I converted to pdf and turned into a fillable pdf order form.  Each row provides information for 1 product and allows the customer to enter an order qty. At the end of each row is a calculation field that calculates the product of the price x qty. 

SO, for example I have fields such as this:   Price1     Qty1      Total1     and the calculation is set as:  Calculation is the product of Price1, Qty1

I have taken those fields and, using the command "Place Multiple Fields", have populated each row of the pdf with additional fields.

Now I have the following fields:

In row 1:   Price1.0.0    Qty1.0.0      Total1.0.0

In row 2:   Price1.0.1     Qty1.0.1     Total1.0.1

In row 3:   Price1.0.3     Qty1.0.3      Total1.0.3, etc.

The only thing is that the calculation in these new total fields have the same information:    Calculation is the product of Price1, Qty1.

I need each row to have a different calculation (eg For Total1.0.1:  Calculation is the product of Price 1.0.1, Qty1.0.1, etc.)

Is there javascript code that would update the calculations for me so that if I use the command "Place Multiple Fields" - each of the new Total fields would contain update calculations?

I hope this makes sense.  All help is appreciated.  Thank you