9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 4:41 PM by A.T. Romano

music stops stating "soundtrack incomplete"

1911tex

Premier Elements 12.  Loaded and finished video...but the drag/dropped music audio selections (all) start loading, then stops stating "soundtrack incomplete".  Using the music audio on bottom bar.  Help

Title edited for clarity... JTS

• 1. Re: no
          A.T. Romano Level 7

1911tex

I am not understanding your thread title "no".

I am not 100% clear on the content of the thread either when you wrote

Loaded and finished video...but the drag/dropped music audio selections (all) start loading, then stops stating "soundtrack incomplete".

So that we are OK with the details, please explain as asked below when I write about what I think that you mean.

Please confirm....in Premiere Elements 12 have you selected the Audio Tab at the bottom of the Expert workspace, followed by Music Scores, Music Score category, and then a specific Music Score to add to your soundtrack? What specific Music Scores are involved in your issue...all or just one in particular?

Does the Music Score that you select have a blue ban at the top right corner of its thumbnail? If so, have you right clicked "Download Now" or "Download All". These choices need to be downloaded in order to work.

How long ago did you install Premiere Elements 12? And, do you now have an active Internet connection? There have been cases where it takes 1/2 hour or longer for Music Score and Sound Effects to display thumbnails under the Audio Tab even when the program appears to be fully installed.

Please review and consider. We will be watching for the information requested in order to help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: music stops stating "soundtrack incomplete"
            1911tex Level 1

ATR, thanks for your reply.  I was not aware of the blue banded thumbnail.  I did as you suggested, downloaded complete but when it goes to "generating" on its own, again a window pops up and states "score cannot be added as some audio files seem to be missing".   I just purchased the Premiere 12 edition.  Yes, I have a great internet connection...no problems. 

• 3. Re: music stops stating "soundtrack incomplete"
              A.T. Romano Level 7

1911tex

Let 2 to 4 hours go by before you try the Music Scores again. Then give the feature another try. If the situation has not resolved....

What computer operating system is your Premere Elements 12 running on? For now I will assume Window 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Have you installed Premere Elements 12 to the default location suggested during the installation process? And, is that location the C drive?

Have you looked at the issue with and without the antivirus and firewall enabled?

Initial plan:

Name a specific Music Score that you would like to use. Then we will trace that Music Score's path to its folder on the computer hard drive. I will post a screenshot of my completed folder for that particular Music Score and cross check with you to determine if you have the same content in your Music Score folder.

Are any of the Music Scores working for you?

Next plan:

Depending on how matters or progressing or not, we may explore deleting preference files and maybe next an uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewalls turned Off.

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: music stops stating "soundtrack incomplete"
                1911tex Level 1

I have a new IMAC.  I tried a half dozen music scoresŠall with the blue

stripe.  All negative results.  Very frustrating.   I again tried savannah

spring under country.  It had a blue stripe,  but after the statement of

missing files, the blue stripe disappeared.  I will wait a few hours as you

suggest and try again.  Thanks.

• 5. Re: music stops stating "soundtrack incomplete"
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

1911tex

Thanks for the reply. It may get a little difficult in the exchanges of information since I am strictly an Elements Windows person, and you are running your Premiere Elements 12 on iMac. But, let us give this files in folder approach a try. In my Windows 7 64 bit Premiere Elements 12 situation, the path to the Country/Savannah is

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Music Score

All_Lang

Country

Savannah Spring

and the Savannah Spring Folder with its complete content is represented in the following screenshot.

Savannah.JPG

We will watch for further developments. Please let us know if you can find the counterpart Mac features.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On..the screenshot looks a bit blurry. Please click on the screenshot to bring up the clearer version.

• 6. Re: music stops stating "soundtrack incomplete"
                    1911tex Level 1

I think I will transfer the video to the YouTube site and use their audio

tracksŠ.much easier and the most popular.  I give up on Adobe.

• 7. Re: music stops stating "soundtrack incomplete"
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

1911tex

Thanks for the reply. Do not give up. Retreat if you must now. But then advance refreshed for a renewed

troubleshooting attack.

The target for a renewed troubleshooting attack might be

Next plan:

Depending on how matters are progressing or not, we may explore deleting preference files and maybe next an uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewalls turned Off.

The preference file to delete would be Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs. On Mac, look for it under Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/version # and in the version # Folder should be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Deactivation (Help Menu/Sign Out) within the project, uninstall/ccleaner Mac run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewalls might be the most productive troubleshooting route.

CCleaner for Mac OS X

We will be watching for further developments when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: music stops stating "soundtrack incomplete"
                        1911tex Level 1

ATR:  Never mind the music audio..gave up.  Once I have completed the

editing of the video which is pretty easyŠhow do I copy only the movie video

(not the clips below the viewing video), in order to send it to friends?

When I save it to documents, the video has the clips as well.

Thanks

Larry

• 9. Re: music stops stating "soundtrack incomplete"
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

1911tex

If you want to send the content just in theVideo Track 1 when you have audio below it on Audio 1, you can do several things

a. right click the clip, select Delete Audio.

or

b. take the whole content to Publish+Share/Computer/.....whatever you select, look for an Advanced Button and, under the Advanced Button of the preset, look for the VIdeo Tab. At the top portion of the Expert Settings customization area, there should be a place to put a check mark next to Export Video, Export Audio, or just one or the other.

Now if you have more than just content in Audio 1 and you want to send just the Video 1 content

a. First, right click the Video 1 content that is linked to Audio 1 content, and select Unlink Audio and Video.

b. Then next right click each of the unlinked Audio 1 content, narration content, and soundtrack content, and remove the check mark next to Enable.

Several variations on the theme, but the above should work.

Please let us know if any of that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Since you are on Mac computer, I am not sure how my Windows right clicks translate on a Mac.