Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form PHP script error

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am designing a website in muse and sending it over to BC. But for some reason my contact form keeps giving me this error:

"Form PHP script is missing from web server, or PHP is not configured correctly on your web hosting provider. Check if the form PHP script has been uploaded correctly, then contact your hosting provider about PHP configuration."

You can see what I mean at: www.beelineproducts.com

If you have any suggestions or know what I can do to fix this I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Content management and modules , Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

You need to publish files using muse to make your web-form work on BC site. And if you will create form within BC, then you can put web-form HTML code inside Muse and get it customized.

Below are the steps of inserting form inside Muse as HTML:

1. On your menu bar (on the top-left), click "Object".

2. Select "Insert HTML".

3. A pop-up will appear with the sample code.

This is "arbitrary HTML".  Paste your code there

4.Click OK.

Styling CSS for embedded HTML forms : Adobe Muse Help | Styling CSS for embedded HTML forms

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Business Catalyst does not support PHP. if you are trying to put a form on that submits to a PHP file (which is what you have - scripts/form-u3037.php) it will not work.

If you are using Muse you need to set it up so it works with BC and use the web form builder it has to create a BC working form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most likely problems:

1) The PHP file is missing from the scripts folder. Make sure it's there. Upload again if it's missing.

2)your hosting provider may refuse to serve all PHP files, or only serve those in a certain directory. Contact your hosting provider for details.

3)a file permission problem - use your FTP client to set the file permissions.

See also the Forms FAQ:

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3581

Thanks,

Surjeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SurjeetK

The post mentions BC if you notice, are you BC support?

If so you would know of course BC does not run PHP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

I missed the BC part in the actual query.

@Jordan - Could you please confirm how you are uploading the files on BC server. If you are using any ftp client then I'll recommend that you try the publish option and let me know how that goes.

Thanks,

Surjeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Liam and SurjeetK,

Thanks so much for your time.

This project is actually a team effort, and it is being designed in Adobe Muse and then being exported as html. From there it is sent to me and I am uploading it to my BC account. I am not using an ftp client, just uploading them on the BC admin on the Develop page.

If I do end up creating the contact form within BC, can I still customize and style it?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to publish files using muse to make your web-form work on BC site. And if you will create form within BC, then you can put web-form HTML code inside Muse and get it customized.

Below are the steps of inserting form inside Muse as HTML:

1. On your menu bar (on the top-left), click "Object".

2. Select "Insert HTML".

3. A pop-up will appear with the sample code.

This is "arbitrary HTML".  Paste your code there

4.Click OK.

Styling CSS for embedded HTML forms : Adobe Muse Help | Styling CSS for embedded HTML forms

Thanks,

Surjeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help SurjeetK!

I have created and styled a BC web-form and it works great. But now my last question would be this: How can I have the inquiry be sent to my email address? For instance, when the customer fills out the form I would get an email in my inbox with the customers message.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set up rules to be notified by email. When a client submits an inquiry form, you can receive a notification. These rules are known as workflows. You can add workflow to the web-form by clicking on Edit Properties here :Screenshot_2.png

Refer this knowledge base for setting up workflow notifications : http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/create-workflow-notification.html

Thanks,

Surjeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plan are you on, if your using one of your free CC sites you wont see that option. This is an important question to ask before checking out what Surjeet has posted as you may not get these options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the web-marketing plan. What Surjeet has posted seemed to have worked for me. Thanks! I couldn't have figured it out without both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, can i us? i have an ftp account, i can open it in my PC but in the other PC cannot. i need to open it in a several PC. im using filezilla, the hostgator cannot help me with this one, because according to them the ftp is working because they can open it in their end. thay say the problem might be the device, i off already the firewall of every device cause i think it's blocking, still not, changging password, creating new ftp account, still not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines