I use flash player to listen to BBC radio online and other things. Here's an example link http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b045c0hh
I used to do this no problem, but recently whenever I try to listen to the programmes I get the message "You need to install flash player to play this content. Download Flash player now."
I did everything the online advice people say:
- I have up to date Norton security and my computer is free of viruses and malware
- I uninstalled flash player and deleted it from all Macromed files in my c drive and then clicked on the install button, downloaded the software, run the software and installed flash player.
- I closed Mozilla when installing. I even let it download Macafee, but I ask to always be asked to perform updates, I don't select the default automatic update option. Flash player now appears in my control panel as "Adobe flash player plugin".
- I went into tools/add-ons on mozilla and the plugin is set to "always activate"
- I even restarted the computer
I still get the same message.
I downloaded ActiveX from adobe and since then I can listen to the programmes in internet explorer, but not in mozilla.
I downloaded shockwave but that hasn't helped with content on Mozilla.
I've run out of options. Is there a version of ActiveX for Mozilla?
P. S. I tried to post this question on Mozilla but when I follow the instructions on how to post a discussion I get nowhere. If you can't answer the flash question please tell me how to post a new discussion on mozilla.
Mozilla (Firefox) doesn't use ActiveX; you need to install the plugin: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe
Can you check if Flash Player generally works on Firefox: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
Hi Pat thanks a lot, that solved my problem. I had already installed the plugin. But in the second link you posted (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.htm) there was a helpful link which tells you to enable Shockwave in your add-ons Enable for Firefox. I did that and the problem is solved. For anyone else with this issue please note that in my add-ons on mozilla I have both Shockwave flash and Shockwave director. I haven't experimented to see which of the two you need, or both. Thanks again.