3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 9:13 AM by A.T. Romano

importing music files using itunes - imported generic error

rnquam

Can anyone provide me information as to how to import music files from itunes into premier elements 11.  Every time I do I get an imported generic error and it doesnt work.  I am also having problems getting videos from anything but my iphone,

• 1. Re: importing music files using itunes - imported generic error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rnquam

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running.

As for your iTunes music, please send it into iTunes and convert it to .wav file that you import from the computer desktop into Premiere Elements 11 with its Add Media/Files and Folders. How to includes...

In iTunes...

Edit Menu/Preferences/General Preferences dialog and its "Import Settings" tab.

Click on the "Import Settings" tab to bring up the Import Settings dialog.

In the Import Settings dialog, set the Import using to WAV Encoder.

OK out of there.

Import your audio into iTunes using its File Menu/Add To Library

When the audio is imported into iTunes Music, right click the audio and select Create WAV Version.

There, then right click the WAV Version created, select Copy, and then paste the WAV Version to the computer desktop.

Your success with any Premiere Elements video importing/editing/export is impacted by your project settings that match the properties of your source media. Are you saying that you are not having any problems with iPhone video. Great news if that is the case. Many run into difficulties importing that video and/or run into audio out of sync. All is due to the use of a variable rather than a constant frame rate used by those cell phones for their videos. Please supply more details of your problem source video properties and your project settings so that we can get to work on that problem.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: importing music files using itunes - imported generic error
            rnquam Level 1

So very helpful.  Thank you!  I was able to convert the music file just fine.  Now how about a video file from my camera?  I'm using windows 8.  It is a video file in my video file here are the copied properties:  IMG_0872.MOV

Thank you for your help.  It is truly appreciated.  I have been trying to figure this stuff out since I got the program for xmas.

• 3. Re: importing music files using itunes - imported generic error
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mquam

Thanks for the good news that the music file information worked for you.

I did not see any copied properties for your file named IMG_0872.MOV. The major information that we get from the file name is that the file uses a .mov file extension which described the wrapper/container format for the compression of the file content. But it does not tell us

Video compression

Audio compresson

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

Pixel Aspect Ratio

We could get that information from a video/audio properties readout program, but it might quicker if you let us know brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video.

Also, important, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running. Important...current version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements and that you are running Premiere Elements from a User Account with Administrative Privileges. Good also to have applied Run As Administrator (right click Premiere Elements desktop icon and click on Run As Adminstrator).

How do you intend to export your Timeline content after the import and editing of your imports?

The answers to the above will enable me to customize a step by step suggestion to achieve you goals.

Thanks.

ATR