• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Profiles in LR 5.4 missing

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to use VSCO film presets today, I've decided to check Camera Profile inside Camera Calibration in Lightroom. To my surprise profile would never change whenever I applied a new preset. It consistently showed Adobe Standard profile. In the drop-down menu the only profiles that show are the default: Adobe Standard, Camera Faithful, Camera Landscape, Camera Neutral, Camera Portrait, Camera Standard.

I made sure I'm working on RAW files.

I remember that a moth ago I was still able to see the entire huge list of VSCO camera profiles in that drop-down menu.

The Presets menu continues to show presets correctly as before.

I've checked and all those Camera Profiles (.dcp files) are as before located in /Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Also a few of my XRite Passport calibration profiles located in that folder do not show in LR.

I even tried moving them to the main /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles, but it didn't fix the problem.

In a couple of forums I've read that downloading and installing the newest Adobe DNG Converter 8.4 can reset some of the index files, but it didn't work for me.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

I'm using:

OSX 10.9.3

LR 5.4 CreativeCloud

Canon 5D Mark III

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached screen capture for my Win 7 system. Do your user camera profiles files show up like this when you view them in Finder on your Mac?

LightroomUserCameraProfiles.jpg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These profiles are in my main Library directory (non-user specific) inside Mac/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera in individual camera specific folders. They appear to belong to the default selection of camera profile inside LR - I did not install those. They do not appear inside LR application though. LR metadata in the library module recognizes my camera as it should, but is not loading 5DmkIII specific profiles.

Here are troubleshooting steps I've performed on those profiles from the default folder (not the VSCO profiles!):

1 - Moved Canon 5DmkIII profiles from Mac/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/Canon EOS 5D Mark III  folder to Mac/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles - didn't help

2 - Moved Canon 5DmkIII profiles from Mac/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/Canon EOS 5D Mark III to rafaelswit/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles - didn't help either

This is how it looks in the default path. SamsungSSD is my main drive where OSX and all applications are installed.

CameraRaw folder.pngCamera profiles in MacOSX.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profiles are specific to the camera model the raw files are from, whereas the presets aren’t, so if you are processing a raw file that has no VSCO profiles, but select a VSCO preset that refers to a profile that isn’t applicable for the camera, then it will seem to do nothing as far as the camera profile is concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VSCO has camera specific profiles for many camera models including 5D Mark III. Each camera profile corresponds a preset, so for example a preset for Kodak Portra 160 for Canon would trigger a change in develop module including a change of the camera profile - as long that camera's specific profile is installed in CameraRaw folder. I have installed profiles for my most used cameras, present and past. I shoot only Canon and have second shooters who use Nikon. I made sure to install profiles for each of those specific cameras.

I have just launched a LR catalog from a shoot a month ago and it recognizes the profiles. That shoot was done with 1D Mark IV, so would need to guess that 5DMkIII profiles somehow don't load correctly, but I am not sure what to do because they are installed in the same location and the same way as profiles for 1DMkIV. Besides, these 5DmkIII profiles used to work before, but they don't work now, and I haven't changed anything with the exception of updating Lightroom about 8 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The VSCO profiles are non-Adobe-supplied (third-party-supplied) so they need to be in the User Library area, because starting with LR 4.3, it will ignore profiles put in the Adobe-supplied profile folders that are not under your Users folder:

http://members.lightroomqueen.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1373/205/lightroom-5-default-locations#...

Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles /

What version of LR did you have prior to 5.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's exactly where I keep all VSCO and other 3rd party profiles as well as my own custom profiles

3rd party camera profiles.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And since you're on Mavericks 10.9.3, presumably you've updated your iTunes to fix the problem where the Users folder was hidden, right?

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/05/16/apple-11-2-1-itunes-bug-fix/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! I checked it out and Library folder was in fact still hidden (faded folder icon), but I made it visible now. Unfortunately it didn't help with the camera profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several Library folders, and only the one under your username is applicable for third-party profiles.

What version of iTunes are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ended up reinstalling LR and all 3rd party camera profiles. It appears to have fixed the issue for now.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines