5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 9:40 AM by Peter Spier

Image Problems

cjsjadams

Hi i have been using indesign for a long time and have upgraded to indesign cc but have run into a big problem. I'm making a catalogue thats usually around 48 pages and can have image links of 200 - 300 images. but recently I have had a problem with images shrinking so small it looks like the image frame is empty. Anyone know why this might be is it a setting. My images are saved as PSD, jpg or tif. I work on a MAC. thankful of any help that i can get on this because right now the only work around i have is to delete the small image and replace it. Indesign will not let me just fit to frame.

CHri

• 1. Re: Image Problems
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Are you replacing other images, or are these the same images in an existing file that you are converting?

• 2. Re: Image Problems
            cjsjadams Level 1

they are images that I want in my document so when I replace them its with the same image.

• 3. Re: Image Problems

There is a preference option under File Handling to Preserve Image Dimensions When Relinking. Is it checked? You are relinking to the exact same image?

• 4. Re: Image Problems
                cjsjadams Level 1

Yes the Preference for Preserve Image Dimensions is checked. and yes its the exact same image. This tends to happen to chunks of my document about 4 or 5 pages of images will just all of a sudden shrink as shear. and other parts of the document are fine.

• 5. Re: Image Problems

I've seen some strange things happen to converted files in CC, and I think you've encountered a bug of some sort. For files you've already converted, export to .idml, open that and save as a new .indd and hope for the best. For files you want to convert in future I recommend exporting from the original version to .inx (if that's an option) or .idml, then open and convert that in the new version. If you no longer have the original version installed, do the conversion on the .indd, then immediately export to .idml, open ad save with a new name. Don't overwrite the original.