11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 2:33 PM by Willi Adelberger

Pasted text changes it's attributes

Amikoe Level 1

Using ID CS6  v.8.0.2

This seems to be a bug that, as much as I've been researching about, hasn't been fixed, or found a workaround for... And I'm talking about creating simple, 1-page documents (I create ads mostly), that involve no style sheets.

Whether I copy and paste text, or even a text box from one document to another, when one of them is older than the other and their "basic character format" (under the paragraph style > Basic Paragraph) is different — the text changes, or (in the case of Zapf Dingbats, see below) it becomes "unknown"...

A good example of how buggy it is:  My default font now is Helvetica Neue LT Std 57 Condensed.  I copy text from an older document, which has Minion Pro Regular as it's Basic Character Format. The text has bullet points, using Zapf Dingbats and Garamond. When pasting into a new document Garamond is pasted OK, but the dingbats show up as unknown boxes and the name of the font shows as Zapf Dingbats [57 Condensed] (see below), which I have to manually change to "Regular"...

Why do we have to constantly change the definitions in order to prevent such silly things? There must be a better way to tell ID to behave, or else...

Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 9.41.08 AM.jpg