• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download CS3 Design Standard

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old iMac's hard drive failed. I bought a new one and used Migration Assistant to move my data to the new machine. I get a Licensing Error telling me to reinstall. I have the original disks and serial number, but the new computer has no DVD drive, so I wanted to download from the site Download CS3 products but the links give an error

HTTP ERROR: 404 /support/downloads/dlm/main.jsp

RequestURI=/support/downloads/dlm/main.jsp

I'd rather not have to go out and buy an external DVD just for this and I am perfectly happy with continuing to use CS3. Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

For some reason, changing from Safari to Google Chrome allowed the download. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you must follow the import instructions listed in the middle of that linked page.  failure to follow steps 1,2 and 3 cause the error you're seeing.

or you can use the link below and not worry about directions to follow:

Downloads available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, changing from Safari to Google Chrome allowed the download. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

p.s.:

if you have a problem starting the download, you didn't follow all 7 steps, or your browser does not accept cookies. 

the most common problem is caused by failing to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 (which adds a cookie to your system enabling you to download the correct version from adobe.com). 

failure to obtain that cookie results in an error page being displayed after clicking a link on prodesigntools.com or initiates the download of an incorrect (eg, current) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines