5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2014 10:15 PM by George_Johnson

odbc

jec26 Level 1

I am looking for a way to interface forms with my software so a windows form is automatically converted into a interactive PDF.  Is ODBC the way to do this?

• 1. Re: odbc
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Probably not. It would help if you provided more details about what it is you're trying to accomplish.

• 2. Re: odbc
            jec26 Level 1

My vacation rental software is able to create a rental agreement as a Word document.  I have Adobe XI Pro and wanted to have Adobe automatically convert the document into a form fill PDF.  I can do it each time I send an agreement but the steps are the same.  I was wondering if there was a way to cue Adobe to automatically retrace the steps each time?

• 3. Re: odbc

Does each rental agreement require the exact same fields and would you normally place them in the same locations?

• 4. Re: odbc
                jec26 Level 1

Yes, fill-in fields are the same, and in the same locations on each agreement.

• 5. Re: odbc

Then there are a number of ways you can approach this. If you prepare a document with the fields in the locations you want, you can use Acrobat to replace the old pages with new ones when you generate a new rental agreement PDF. You can do this programmatically with JavaScript within Acrobat or via IAC (InterApplication Communications) from an external program/script. More information is in the Acrobat SDK.

Another option is to use JavaScript to create all of the fields programmatically, again either with a script within Acrobat or via IAC.