4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2014 9:03 AM by Kinomachina

I can`t import high resolution still image files (psd, png, jpeg)

Kinomachina

When I import it, appears window "error with file". When I copy project with files from another computer it says that my file does not exist. There are also some problems with photoshop lately. I`m working on Creative Suite CS 6, Windows 7, Intel Core i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 16 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

I already tried to reinstall CS6 with Adobe Cleaner. Uploaded AAE. Reinstall Quick time. Empty and allocate more disk cashe size. Disk check. Downloaded and installed drivers for graphic card.

error with file.jpg

• 1. Re: I can`t import high resolution still image files (psd, png, jpeg)
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What are the language settings? Are there any Polish special characters like Ł in the file names or layer names? Otherwise of course the usual - check the disk for errors, defragement it, check file permissions and turn off virus tools that may block or even damage files.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: I can`t import high resolution still image files (psd, png, jpeg)
            Kinomachina Level 1

Hi Mylenium, thank You for answer.

Some of layers have polish characters but most of them don`t. Adobe is in english because I`ve license for english version (when I tried to use photoshop in polish it didn`t work).  I made new file of size 20000x12000 and save it on desktop and disk D and both works fine. Is it possible that most of files from my last two projects are somehow damaged? How that could happen? What`s more strange then - this files does work in AAE on my laptop where is NVidia GeForce and 8 GB RAM. None of above didn`t help.

• 3. Re: I can`t import high resolution still image files (psd, png, jpeg)
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Check permissions on the folder where your files that will not load are stored. Did you try importing one of these files into a new project?

If the files were copied to an external drive it is very easy to corrupt them. Do you have another copy of the originals?

• 4. Re: I can`t import high resolution still image files (psd, png, jpeg)
                Kinomachina Level 1

Thank You for response Rick,

There was no permission to modify for users, I change few files to full control but it still the same. I tried to import few files into a new project but it`s the same most of the big files (14028x10200) does not import, sometimes it imports with the error below.

file not foungd.jpeg

And it does happen to files with polish characters in name. I think also that files I scanned on this computer works fine, but files that were scanned on my laptop and copied to the computer doesn`t work. Or just other files copied from the project on my laptop to the computer. Just some of the files works fine, and others mostly the latest that I used doesnt`t work at all. Recently I tried to copy whole project from my laptop to the computer but it could not open any of the file inside (it showed file not found).