1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2007 4:31 AM by willrose

Secure copy and paste

willrose Level 1
      Hi, I'm trying to implement a "secure" copy and paste in my app. By "secure" I mean that I'm trying to make it as difficult as possible for a user to copy content from a large TextField and paste it say in a Word doc for redistribution.

I already have custom copy / paste buttons that work by saving any needed data to a virtual object instead of the system's clipboard. Now, I need to know 2 more things.

First, is it possible to hide the "copy" and "paste" context menu items for a TextField when a user right clicks on a TextField? I know you can use the ContextMenu object to hide built-in items for the flash player, but I haven't been able to figure out how to hide the built-in items for the TextField menu.

Secondly, I need to be able to disable the ctrl-c / ctrl-v shortcut keys, and ideally trap them for use with my virtual clipboard that I've created. I'm assuming I can do that by using fscommand, trapallkeys, and System.setClipboard? I haven't tried that part yet, but does anybody foresee any problems?

Thanks.