9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2014 11:14 PM by mrsprovo27

how to change the angle of a video clip?

mrsprovo27

When editing my cooking videos. I would like to change the camera angle when placing a dish in the oven. I want it to look like the camera is sitting in the over verses on the outside of the oven, is there a way to change camera angles in this sense?

• 1. Re: how to change the angle of a video clip?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrsprovo27

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you doing multi camera video editing?

Or are you asking basically how to zoom in on the oven content starting from a view of the oven door opened

with contents inside? If that is the case, then you can click on the Timeline image to select it and then

use the Motion Scale property to zoom in on the oven content as best you can. Or, you could click on the image

in the Edit area monitor and use the handles of its bounding box to zoom in on the oven content.

The above will apply the zoom in to the whole video clip not just a certain section of it. In that case, you would need

to look into keyframing the Scale property so that you can vary the scale property across the video. In Premiere Elements

you can do pans and zooms

a. with the Pan and Zoom Tool

b. keyframing the Motion Scale property (for zoom) and Motion Postion property (for pan)

c. presets for pan OR zoom, not pan AND zoom.

Specific details on the above once we get more details on your situation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: how to change the angle of a video clip?
            mrsprovo27 Level 1

I'm using premier elements 12? and I have windows 8.1

• 3. Re: how to change the angle of a video clip?
              mrsprovo27 Level 1

I'm using one camera. When looking at the video I want the angle to be where they see me putting the item in the oven although I'm of course holding the camera on the outside of the oven. If that makes sense

• 4. Re: how to change the angle of a video clip?
                mrsprovo27 Level 1

this is an example go to 5:03 time point? This is how we party! - YouTube

• 5. Re: how to change the angle of a video clip?
                  Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You won't be able to do that if you didn't film it that way.

• 6. Re: how to change the angle of a video clip?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

mrsprovo27

Premiere Elements 12 Windows 8.1 64 bit Special Effects

Thanks for the replies with the additional details.

From what you wrote and the footage that you have, my impression was that you wanted the viewer to have the perspective of being in the oven looking out rather than being outside the oven looking in. If my interpretation of your details is correct, I see no way of doing that in Premiere Elements (any version) with your footage.

I looked at Premiere Elements 12 fx Effects/Perspecive/Basic 3D as well as Transform/Horizontal and Vertical Flips to see if I could come up with an alternative special effects in this regard. No go.

What you might want to consider is some frame reagrrangement. In the area to which you pointed me, perhaps put the frames with you and the oven ahead of the frames with the cake close up and then move to the finished cake displayed. The components for doing that might include

a. Hold down the Ctrl key of the computer keyboard as you click the timecode above the Timeline. That will change the timecode 00;00;00;00 (hours;minutes;seconds;frames) to frames.

b. Expand the Timeline with the _+ slider over the Timeline

c. Use the scissors tab on the stem of the Timeline Indicator to cut the frames involved. Change the order of appearance of the frames involved.

Please view the above and then let us know if you want to explore further special effects in Premiere Elements 12.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: how to change the angle of a video clip?
                      mrsprovo27 Level 1

okay thank you so much I really appreciate it. I will look into trying those options.

• 8. Re: how to change the angle of a video clip?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

mrsprovo27

Please update us on progress when you get a chance.

I would have to think about it some more, but I was wondering if one of the

GoPro cameras that the bike riders use would work inside your oven (cooled down).

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: how to change the angle of a video clip?
                          mrsprovo27 Level 1

I didn't think of that. I was wondering because I didn't think a standard camera would sit in the oven without melting, not unless she did it before actually turning the camera one.

Thank you again, and I will keep you posted.