1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2014 4:13 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Dynamic link after effects and adobe media encoder

bgolnick

Hello,

I recently downloaded After Effects cc (yesterday). I am running a mac pro with OSX 10.9.3 2.3 ghz intel core i7 with 16 gb 1600 MHz DDR3.

On previous versions of AE I was able to render straight out of AE, I know this is not the case with CC anymore. I am trying to use AME to export however I am having issues.

When I try to send to AME from the Composition tab in AE it looks like it is doing something and then nothing happens. I then opened AME separately and tried to "add after effects comp" from the file menu in AME the error message displayed was "Could not connect to Adobe After effects. Please verify that Adobe After effects and Adobe Dynamic link components are installed".

I have also tried to drag and drop my composition directly from AE to AME and the following message appears "Dynamic link error - Source is empty"

I have read a multitude of threads on this issue and this is definitely not a firewall issue. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

• 1. Re: Dynamic link after effects and adobe media encoder
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> On previous versions of AE I was able to render straight out of AE, I know this is not the case with CC anymore.

Why do you think that? You can still use the render queue in After Effects to render and export directly out of After Effects.

That said, there are some formats that Adobe Media Encoder handles better.

> and this is definitely not a firewall issue

How have you determined that?

Does exporting to QuickTime (.mov) format from After Effects work? How about the 3D Camera Tracker and Warp Stabilizer effects? The reason that I ask about these is that they use the same communication mechanism that Dynamic Link does, so if they also fail, then it tells us something about where the problem is.