This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
It just says done with errors on page when I click to submit the text and when I click on the warning symbol I get this:
Error: Object expected
it works fine in another example which I got it off but it used shockwave 8.5 instead of 10 would that matter?
Thanks for the reply
> Line: 35
So what is line 35 of your source?
Really, like Rob suggested, try to avoid EvalScript since you will find
it fails you eventually and that there are *no* workarounds (it's a
Step back and tell us what you're trying to achieve and perhaps someone
can come up with a solution. EvalScript isn't it!
From what you posted it looks like a simple name input field - why
don't you do this in the SW file and be done with it?
Yeah it is line 35 of my html source. I have to pass information into the movie from the browser and EvalScript was the way I was taught to do this. What happens with it that makes it unreliable? I put the evalscript into the movie script with the rest of my custom handlers like in my example but just don't understand why it doesn't work in my movie with the same code and browser?
Is there another way that is easier?
EvalScript doesn't work with most browsers -- see http://www.lingoworkshop.com/Testzone/EvalScript_Test.php
Iv just finished using this for a project and it worked fine for me
In the html code check that you have given the name of what you called you shockwave movie.
For example if your shockwave movie was called computers then in this line:
change it to shockMovie=computers;
This may not be the error but i cant see anywhere where you told us exactly what line 35 in the html was that is bringing up the error.
If you Google "EvalScript", you'll find lots of entries showing how this
doesn't work. It did work for a brief shining moment 4 or 5 years ago.
Then nearly every browser author wrote code to block it from working.
There are many solutions. Some have already been mentioned here.
Adobe Community Expert
Thanks all for the replies. I got it sorted. Turns out it was because I used a full stop in the name of my game it prevented it from recognising it but when I took it out it worked perfectly, well in IE anyway not in Firefox.