2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2014 11:30 PM by Rick Gerard

Trapcode text to sand help

throughthelensproductions

Hi, i'm trying to figure out how to take my sand and turn it into text. It's not exactly like this video but in this video you see the black sand fly on the screen which is how i want to do it but have it turn into my text at the end.Tutorial 1 : Text Writing Intro - YouTube

• 1. Re: Trapcode text to sand help
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

And what exactly? Your post makes no sense at all since you have not in any way explained what really your problem is or what potentially you don't understand about the tutorial...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Trapcode text to sand help
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Particle systems generally expand so to make the particle contract and form a text layer just set up the path as was done in the tutorial so your text is revealed but make the text be erased instead. IOW the text is there and then the animated stroke erases it from the end to the beginning.

Next paste the motion paths to the emitter property of your particle system. Set up the keyframes and the timing so that the it looks like the text is flying off the screen and turning into sand.

Now pre-compose the whole thing and then time reverse the pre-comp. That's all there is to it.