5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2014 10:41 AM by Lawren

Greyed out Options

Lawren Level 1

I am currently having the issue of not having the option to relink my media files in After Effects due to replace media option being greyed out. Now I have had installed this before and had no problems prio to this. I have contacted online support and they said they will only send me and "email". I am working with windows 8.1 64bit. Can anyone help me please!

Thank you,

Lawren

• 2. Re: Greyed out Options
          Lawren Level 1
          • I am using After Effects CS6 (11.0.4)
          • I have installed all updates...unless there are more.
          • Operating System  Windows 8.1 currently just updated my OS.....had no issues when I was just using 8
          • No error messages
          • I imported my previous project to my desktop so I can work from my laptop. opened up my previous project in AE and of course media is offline, then I got to file and look down the relink media is offline as well as some other options that shouldn't be.
          • After effects has worked before I updated my computer to windows 8.1....I have gone from 8 to 8.1
          • Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number and sizes of connected monitors, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected. Using Processor AMD  A10-5745M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.10 GHz, 6.00 RAM (5.21 GB usable), System type 64 bit OS.

I hope this information helps someone to help me....

I had some installation problems when I downloaded and installed the whole Production Premium to my laptop the other day. But when I unistalled then re installed the whole After Effects program to my laptop no errors and still have the issue. Now I notice on my other adobe programs it looks like I have a limited access or something.'

Did something go wrong during the download?

I did have and installer issue that online support did not help with.

Was I suppose to put the Adobe files in another location before installation.

I have my disc copies of the programs but my new laptop doesnt have a disc drive. which has made downloading and installing from the site very difficult and is hindering me from my home work.

• 3. Re: Greyed out Options
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You seem to have accidentally marked your response as correct which means that this question is now marked as answered. That means it will get less attention from the experts.

So you didn't have the problem until you upgraded to Windows 8.1?

Right, well, that update clearly buggered something up.

Try uninstalling, running the Adobe CC Cleaner and then reinstalling and see if that helps.

• 4. Re: Greyed out Options
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What footage do you use? What are your cache settings? I suspect something is wrong with the combination of those 2 things. Also check whether you have not accidentally enabled proxies.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: Greyed out Options
                Lawren Level 1

Ok thank you Mylenium Ill try if those help? But currently for this project I haven't even imported any footage for the "AE" project It' stills and graphics I created.

[The following was attached by a moderator. It is the body of a duplicate thread started by the original poster, which has now been deleted. Do not start duplicate threads for an ongoing discussion.]

Prior to doing a factory reset on my Windows 8 laptop 6GB (RAM) & 64bit. I installed my Production Premium with no issues running my programs. Now that I have rest my laptop and updated it to Windows 8.1. and re downloaded my Production Premium. I have now limited functionality to my programs....all or most options are "GREYED" out in After Effects where I can't do a Save, Replace footage. My "Layer Tab" is completely Greyed out. and I have re downloaded my After Effects program by it self......So my question is how to get back my all my functionality.

• I am using After Effects CS6 (11.0.4)
                • I have installed all updates...unless there are more.
                • Operating System  Windows 8.1 currently just updated my OS.....had no issues when I was just using 8
                • No error messages
                • I imported my previous project to my desktop so I can work from my laptop. opened up my previous project in AE and of course media is offline, then I got to file and look down the relink media is offline as well as some other options that shouldn't be.
                • After effects has worked before I updated my computer to windows 8.1....I have gone from 8 to 8.1
                • Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number and sizes of connected monitors, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected. Using Processor AMD  A10-5745M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.10 GHz, 6.00 RAM (5.21 GB usable), System type 64 bit OS.

I hope this information helps someone to help me....

I had some installation problems when I downloaded and installed the whole Production Premium to my laptop the other day. But when I unistalled then re installed the whole After Effects program to my laptop no errors and still have the issue. Now I notice on my other adobe programs it looks like I have a limited access or something.'

Did something go wrong during the download?

I did have and installer issue that online support did not help with.

Was I suppose to put the Adobe files in another location before installation.

I have my disc copies of the programs but my new laptop doesnt have a disc drive. which has made downloading and installing from the site very difficult and is hindering me from my home work.

Do I have a Firewall issue?

Online Registration issue that has my access to my programs restricted?

How can I Analyze the log summary of the programs if Adobe discontinued the download?

I have been through 4 long phone waits for each Adobe persons to only ask me for my phone number and did not help resolve my issue. Once again All my tabs in my Adobe programs are disabled and grayed out and I have no way or working with these programs if I am not able to use all of the options available. Currently having Geeksquad looking into any malware issues that could possible hinder full function of my programs.

Thanks,

Lawren