3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2014 2:11 PM by George_Johnson

I need to set up an expense form so that our consultant can "filter" by customer type, program type, and finally the purpose of the trip. For instance: the customer types are churches, schools, organizations. The program type would be fund raising, gift p

Sidneythecat

I need to set up an expense form so that our consultant can "filter" by customer type, program type, and finally the purpose of the trip. For instance: the customer types are churches, schools, organizations. The program type would be dependent on the customer type selection from the first list. Some examples would be: fund raising, gift planning, surveys, and others. The purpose of the trip would be dependent on the program type selected from the second list. Some examples of trip purposes would be: presentation, design, prospecting. Further, the purpose of trip selection from the third drop-down box would then have to determine the values of other fields by expense type: such as commission, airfare, hotel. etc. I've tried pop-up menu but can't figure out how to "select" from the final popup list and have it populate a field for the purpose of the trip. I've tried to look at the JavaScript examples for dependent drop-down boxes, but can't find any that quite fit what I'm trying to accomplish. I am very new to all of this. No training in writing Javascripts - just trying to wing it. The form has to be very simple for our consultants to use, but also give our office the detail we need to process through the correct account numbers. I would appreciate any detailed step-by-step instructions - kind of a javascript for dummies type of info. HELP!