1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2014 6:26 PM by A.T. Romano

I just downloaded Premiere Elements 9 and it will not open Help!

kmeg55

I just downloaded Premiere Elements 9 and it will not open Help!

• 1. Re: I just downloaded Premiere Elements 9 and it will not open Help!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kmeg55

From where did you download Premiere Elements 9 at this late date? What computer operating system is it to be running on?

Do you have the 9.0.1 Update installed?

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

Are you getting any display card errors?

We have just gone down this type of road with another 9 user, so let us start with what finally seems to have worked for him.

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? Is the driver for that card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of that card? If not, update the card driver. If the driver is up to date already, then delete the BadDrivers.txt file.

For now I will assume that you are working on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path shown. After you deleted the BadDrivers.txt and reopened Premiere Elements, the program will generate a new BadDrivers.txt file but now the problem should be gone.

Please review, consider, and then let us know the outcome.

The rationale behind deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file can be found in post 10 of the following thread

Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem

ATR