3 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2007 7:24 AM by Shnoogins

    Including Brand and Playback Controls

    daveconz
      Hi there, I'm evaluating Contribute 2 and I have two questions:

      (1) Can I add a branding logo to the whole project, so it appears in a set location across all slides?

      (2) Is there any way to embed the playback controls in the main SWF file, rather than as a separate skin file? I want users to download each tutorial as a single SWF file, and I'd like to include playback controls. I'd prefer not to have to export to Flash to do this.
        • 1. Re: Including Brand and Playback Controls
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi daveconz and welcome to our community

          I'm assuming you meant to say you are evaluating Captivate and not contribute.

          You may insert an Image object on a slide and configure its timing so it runs for the Rest of the Project. To do this, double-click the object and look at the Options tab. Then click the drop-down where it says: Display for.

          For the playback controls, you certainly may. Click Project > Skin... > Borders tab. Then DE-select the "Show borders" check box. Dismiss the dialogs and publish again. Presto! Single .SWF output with controls embedded. And it even works with the new flash based controls!

          Hope this helps... Rick
          • 2. Re: Including Brand and Playback Controls
            daveconz Level 1
            quote:

            Originally posted by: Captiv8r
            I'm assuming you meant to say you are evaluating Captivate and not contribute.
            D'oh!

            quote:

            Originally posted by: Captiv8r
            You may insert an Image object on a slide and configure its timing so it runs for the Rest of the Project.
            Great. Unfortunately the object disappears during animated slides but I might be able to live with that.

            quote:

            Originally posted by: Captiv8r
            For the playback controls, you certainly may. Click Project > Skin... > Borders tab. Then DE-select the "Show borders" check box. Dismiss the dialogs and publish again. Presto! Single .SWF output with controls embedded. And it even works with the new flash based controls!
            Excellent!

            quote:

            Originally posted by: Captiv8r
            Hope this helps... Rick

            Sure does - thanks heaps for the info :)
            • 3. Re: Including Brand and Playback Controls
              Shnoogins Level 1
              quote:
              Originally posted by: Captiv8r
              You may insert an Image object on a slide and configure its timing so it runs for the Rest of the Project.

              quote:
              Originally posted by: daveconz
              Great. Unfortunately the object disappears during animated slides but I might be able to live with that.

              I just tried this, it may be a workaround for you:

              On the first slide that has your logo object (the one you set to display for the rest of the project.), copy the object. Paste it onto the slides with animation. The object should keep the attributes set (size, position) and the viewer will none the wiser. You should be good to go. Hope this works.

              :D