2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2007 12:43 PM by JabbyPandaUA

Tree control scrolling bugs

cbarbara
      I have (what I think is) a simple tree control that gets populated from the results of a web service call on application initialization.
      The tree control is bound by dataProvider to a XMLListCollection that contains the results from the WS call. This XMLListCollection is never changed again once it is populated the first time.
      At most the tree is four notes deep, there are between 1 and 30 nodes at a level.
      I have a mouse down event on the tree, because I only want to be able to drag certain nodes of the tree.

The problem happens when I expand enough of the nodes so that the tree's vertical scroll appears. When i click a folder node to expand and as the children are being "slid" into display I spin the mouse scroll wheel to get to the top or bottom of tree. I get the following Run Time Error, and I get about 20 of them in a row:

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
      at mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/mx.controls.listClasses:ListBase::scrollVertically()
      at mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/set verticalScrollPosition()
      at mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/mx.controls.listClasses:ListBase::mouseWheelHandler()
      at mx.controls::List/mx.controls:List::mouseWheelHandler()

After I dismiss the errors, the tree control is unusable, there are item names missing, padding in off places, it is completely useless. And this is only with 4 of my root nodes, my final product will have a tree that contains about 10 times as much information.

I found the Flex SDK Hotfix, which is supposed to fix "192347: RTE when tweening occurred while opening nodes in Tree (in Flex Explorer sample)". The hotfix is applied to my machine, and I am still getting this error.

Is there anyone who has more information on this issue?
      Is it possible to have a tree control without the tweening/sliding effect? that could be a workaround for me.
      Anyone know where I can file a bug report with Adobe directly?

To reproduce the bug, start the from top and start expanding all the nodes, right after you click to exand use your mouse scroll wheel to scroll in any direction.
      Here is my sample app:
      http://www.cs.rit.edu/~cxb0025/flex/TreeControlBugs.html
      Here is the sample mxml: http://www.cs.rit.edu/~cxb0025/flex/TreeControlBugs.mxml

Thanks
      Chris