2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2014 5:19 AM by jacquesk

InDesign CS5.5 - Adobe Acrobat export (incorrect master pages and crop marks)

jacquesk

Hi, I've recently experienced a couple of anomalies when exporting books from InDesign to PDF.

The first issue was that, on seemingly random pages of the book, the exporter suddenly seemed to interpret the crop marks incorrectly. The book pages would go something like: left, right, left, right, right, left, right.

The second issue was that the pdf didn't display the correct master page on one page of the book. The InDesign file has sections with slight grey backgrounds to separate particular sections of the book. One of the pages in one of those grey sections just appears as white (the text remained unharmed) in the pdf though the InDesign file is as it should be.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: InDesign CS5.5 - Adobe Acrobat export (incorrect master pages and crop marks)
          Doc Maik Level 4

First issue: So with "right, right" there should be a left page missing. Does this page happen to be blank? If so, did you change anything on the export settings to not export blank pages?

Second issue: The other page to separate section with that grey come out normally? I suppose there is background fill on the master page. Is it possible that that filled object has attribute "non-printable"?

• 2. Re: InDesign CS5.5 - Adobe Acrobat export (incorrect master pages and crop marks)
            jacquesk Level 1

First issue: No pages are missing, the crop marks indicating whether right or left go out of l,r,l,r order.

Second issue: There is a background fill on the master page. I just checked and the attribute is fine. What's strange is that the first time I made this pdf and sent the book to print, this didn't happen. Now that I've reexported for a second print of the book it happened (the master pages haven't been touched between prints and the same print settings have been used). Is it possible that the exporter can just mess up?