The next version of Flash Player is available for immediate download. In today's release we've updated Flash Player with important security updates and bug fixes. We recommend users update to the latest version.
Security update details can be found here: Security Bulletin (APSB14-16)
New Features for Flash Player 14:
- Anisotropic Filtering
This new texture sampling filter can enhance the image quality of textures on surfaces that are at oblique viewing angles. There are two ways to enable this feature:
In AGAL, set one of the values – "anisotropic2x", "anisotropic4x", "anisotropic8x", or "anisotropic16x" to the filter option in the sampling instructions. Or call Context3D::setSamplerStateAt with the 3rd parameter "filter" being one of the values defined in Context3DTextureFilter - "ANISOTROPIC2X", "ANISOTROPIC4X", "ANISOTROPIC8X", or "ANISOTROPIC16X"
- New Stage3D "Standard" Profile
Developers can now request this high level profile when creating Context3D. Three new features are available in this profile:
- Multiple render target allows to you to draw geometry to multiple outputs (up to 4) during one drawing
- Floating point texture allows you to create Texture, RectangleTexture and CubeTuxture with the RGBA16F folder.
- AGAL v2 contains these improvements:
- Increased register size
- Partial derivative instructions
- Fragment depth output
- Conditional forward jump
Notable Fixes and Enhancements:
- PPAPI Debugger Preview - Multiple Stability Fixes (3720385, 3720431, 3720925)
- TextField.getFontList() and Font.enumerateFonts() now return 0 in Private Browsing Mode (3720929)
- Font.enumerateFonts now returns an alphabetically sorted list (3720932)
- Resolves an issue introduced in Flash Player 11.10 and AIR SDK > 13 where attached connected game controllers were not detected at launch (3752605)
- Hardware Decoding support is now enabled for Intel Baytrail hardware (3752291)
- [Chrome] Resolves an issue where some render textures could not be displayed with Chrome and D3DX11 (3743626)
- [Chrome] Angry Birds on Facebook now works as expected (3761933)
- [Chrome] Flash Player will not load a SWF if Content-Type-Options: nosniff is specified and the Content-Type header does not match (3712045, Chromium 172918)
- [HTTP Live Streaming] The value of AudioTrack.isDefault is now returned correctly (3761057)
- [HTTP Live Streaming] The value of AudioTrack.name is now returned correctly after AUDIO_UPDATE events (3767714)
- [Mac] Fixes a memory leak encountered during video and Stage3D playback (3738368)
- [Win] Resolves a video playback issue that was introduced in 11.9.900.166 that caused a small number of H.264 streams to not play (3735300)
- [Win] IME - Corrects an issue where words were duplicated in the candidate window on third-party bottom line IMEs (3721064)
- [Win8.1 ARM] Farmville2 - The maximum number of Stage3D instances allowed on Win8.x ARM devices has been increased from one to four (3732718, MSFT 607382)
- [Win8.1 x64] The Windows Narrator tool now recognizes Flash Player objects embedded in web pages (3618169, MSFT 458063)
- [Win8.1] Reduces power consumption during video playback in portrait orientation (3699152)
- [Win8.1] Improves performance of video blitting on DirectX 11 systems in portrait mode (3748772)
- [Win8.1] Video from built-in cameras now rotates as expected when the device changes from landscape to portrait mode (3722322, MSFT 611601)
- [Win8.1] Sprite.graphics.beginFill(Number) now correctly sets the provided color after a page refresh (3729475, MSFT 508518)
- [Win8.1] HTTP Live Streaming - Resolves an issue where encrypted video playback would hang intermittently (3710245)[Win8.x] The [Tab] key now works as expected in Full-Screen mode (3719314)
- [Win8.x] Resolves a stability issue for standalone applications that use Flash Player in an embedded Internet Explorer instance (3763486)
- [Win8.x] StandAlone Player - Exiting FullScreen mode now works as expected (3730508)
- [Win8.x] Flash Player will now gracefully recover from a graphics driver reset (3752447, MSFT 346563)
- [Win8.x] Resolves a stability issue with HTTP Live Streaming (3758254)
- [Win][Networking] Set default network request timeout to 5 seconds. Added new configuration property "NetworkRequestTimeout" which can be set in configuration files.
- Multiple security and stability fixes
For complete information please see our release notes.
Current Flash Player desktop users that have enrolled in the "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" or the "Notify me to install updates" update options will receive an update notification dialog within 7 days from today (please note that Windows users will need to restart their system to receive the notification dialog.)
If you would like to install the update immediately, please use one of the links below:
Flash Player 14 desktop for Windows XP, Vista and 7 and Internet Explorer: 184.108.40.206
Flash Player 14 desktop for Windows XP, Vista and 7 and Other Browsers: 220.127.116.11
Flash Player 14 for Windows 8.x 64-Bit and Internet Explorer: 18.104.22.168
Flash Player 14 for Windows 8.x 32-Bit and Internet Explorer: 22.214.171.124
Please note that both Flash Player for Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows 8 are updated using different mechanisms. Flash Player for Google Chrome updates will occur during regular Chrome updates. Flash Player updates for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 will be provided by Microsoft though the Windows automatic update feature.
Flash Player 14 desktop for Mac: 126.96.36.199
Flash Player 11.2 desktop for Linux: 188.8.131.528
Beginning May 13, 2014 we have updated the version of our "Extended Support Release" from Flash Player 11.7 to Flash Player 13 for Mac and Windows. To continue to stay current with all available security updates, you will need to install the version 13 Extended Support Release or update to the most recent available release. For full details, please see this blog post:
Flash Player 13 desktop for Windows and Macintosh: 184.108.40.206
Previous versions of Flash Player can be found on the Archived Flash Player page
If you encounter a problems with broken or missing links, please clear your browser cache and try again. If the problem persists, please create a new post in our forum or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.