Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploying Adobe Acrobat Pro XI in a VDI environment

Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our VDI environment (using VMware Horizon View 5.3), we are using a Windows 8.1 base image (Parent VM) with Adobe Acrobat Pro XI installed on it (signed-in and registered). We then deploy new instances (Linked-Clones) of Windows 8.1

using this base. When userA logs into any desktops we have deployed from this Windows 8.1 base image, they get prompted to license the software: 1) Sign in and 2) Provide serial number.

Even though UserA licenses the software properly on DesktopA, they get prompted for the same licensing information on DesktopB and so on.

I have tried to virtualize the application using VMware View ThinApp. Same issue.

What is the proper way to distribute the application to multiple systems/users without running into this licensing loop?

I have read this post, but no luck: Packaging Adobe Acrobat XI Pro - Bug after installation

Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

First thing to know that this VMware Horizon View 5.3 isn't a currently supported environment. They support Citrix XenApp.

Second, VMWare's ThinApp implementation isn't supported either.  They do support MS AppV

See the following documentation:

12   Citrix Deployments — Enterprise Administration Guide

14   App-V Deployment — Enterprise Administration Guide

Finally, the issue that you are running into is likely a permission problem on the licensing folders.

Have a look at this KB and adjust your permi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rtuser,

I've seen this issue before when trying to use the retail license key as opposed to an enterprise-wide license key. Can you verify if this is the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll contact support to verify. Hopefully this is it. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to know that this VMware Horizon View 5.3 isn't a currently supported environment. They support Citrix XenApp.

Second, VMWare's ThinApp implementation isn't supported either.  They do support MS AppV

See the following documentation:

12   Citrix Deployments — Enterprise Administration Guide

14   App-V Deployment — Enterprise Administration Guide

Finally, the issue that you are running into is likely a permission problem on the licensing folders.

Have a look at this KB and adjust your permissions on these folders with appropriate permissions to see if that makes a difference.

Error "License store does not allow writing" | Install log | CS5, CS5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just upgraded to Horizon View 5.3.2 from 5.3.1 and just noticed this issue.

Our OS is Windows 7 Enterprise.

Do you use persistent or floating desktop?

We are using floating desktop and no licensing issues when using Adobe XI 11.0.06 version.

But now we do with Horizon View 5.3.2 and Adobe XI 11.0.07 version.

I might revert back to 5.3.1 for now.

It might be the View version or the latest Adobe version that cause this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines